The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » 1" manipulation ball routine references (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Poof-Daddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Considering Stopping At Exactly
5313 Posts

Profile of Poof-Daddy
I finally grabbed a used set of 1" Fakini manipulation balls (red) and am all set for the "Fabulous 3 Ball Trick" as the L&L WGM DVD calls it. It is the Vernon effect, Roth, Thompson and others. I also got the Danny Archer set and dvd and the Aldo Colombini "Get the Ball Rolling" booklet (same routine with jumbo ball finish). Therefore, I am pretty much set on THAT type routine.

On the Danny Archer Penguin lecture, he does a color changing silk routine early on (may even open with it) using a red and yellow silk. A little over 1/3 of the way thru he does a red/yellow color changing ball routine and talks even about using 2 of the same color for a repeat ball to pocket...

I am looking for more to do with the balls. Besides the Fakini set I got, I have accumulated some nice other sets that are well made rubber and in bold solid colors (red, yellow, blue, green, orange) 1 of each for $1 at Dollar General stores (in US). I bought 4 sets for $4 and now have more than I should ever need Smile

Any more routine ideas / references as to where to find them would be appreciated. I have seen the great list of "3 ball routines" Lawrence O put out a while back but I am sort of looking at another direction I believe. http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......orum=115
Cancer Sux - It is time to find a Cure

Don't spend so much time trying not to die that you forget how to live - H's wife to H on CSI Miami (paraphrased).

Smile Smile
Mr. Woolery
View Profile
Inner circle
Fairbanks, AK
2149 Posts

Profile of Mr. Woolery
What sort of direction are you looking for? I love the 3 ball trick and keep trying to come up with a way to eliminate the HPC move, but I don't know that I need or want anything else with the rubber balls. I suppose you could ring in a bounce-no bounce element in your routine. Use them with cups and balls (Steve Dacri did his routine with pink super balls), or something like that. I remember reading that almost anything you do with a coin that doesn't depend on flatness can also be done with a ball. Bobo should set you up in that case.

Balls are so magical, it is hard to believe you've exhausted the possibilities in just one lifetime.

Patrick
Poof-Daddy
View Profile
Inner circle
5313 Posts

Profile of Poof-Daddy
Another member turned me onto this routine http://www.johnrogers.com/vfiles/v3ball.html and it is very cool. Even though it is yet another version of the 3 ball trick, I am glad it was pointed out to me.

I am certain that I have not exhausted all ball possibilities, I am just looking for references of more than just "The 3 Ball Trick". I am looking for odd routines like the couple Danny Archer did on the Penguin lecture like the color changing ball sequence and the "infinite ball to pocket flurry". I guess you can apply a lot of coin plots to balls and I am just trying to find out what more there is in print or on dvd worth checking out. Kind of a "side effort" to justify a 50+ year old man owning several different color sets of 4 - 1" rubber and silicone super balls. (I also have some 3/4" and 1 1/2" bounce / no bounce balls. Not to mention all the different 1" balls for chop cups and cups and balls routines that could also be used).

Don't spend so much time trying not to die that you forget how to live - H's wife to H on CSI Miami (paraphrased).

Smile Smile
Poof-Daddy
View Profile
Inner circle
5313 Posts

Profile of Poof-Daddy
I tipped the set of 5 color balls for a buck at Dollar General to a friend of mine who does Aldo's "Get the Ball Rolling" version of the 3 ball trick and he managed to find 2 sets after finding none at the first store. He is gonna grab 2 more as soon as he can and he told me as far as the "quality and workability" of these particular balls, he will be replacing them into the routine he does because they manipulate better than the ones he got with that set years ago.

Smile Smile
Glenn Watson
View Profile
Special user
781 Posts

Profile of Glenn Watson
John Carney has a streaming video of his routine.It is available on his site.Glenn
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » 1" manipulation ball routine references (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL