The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All in the cards » » Justifying the matching pair (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

JoeyHart
View Profile
Regular user
130 Posts

Profile of JoeyHart
Hello,

I've been playing around with open predictions and 'matching pair' effects - I find that some people are slightly underwhelmed by the match (as if they expect it to be the EXACT same card.)

I wondered if anyone has any opening lines to introduce this type of effect? Without giving the end of the effect away...
carlyle
View Profile
Regular user
166 Posts

Profile of carlyle
Good question - I've also noticed that "matching pairs" sometimes comes over a little flat. I love those kinds of tricks, certainly as a quick little opener, but get much better reactions with tricks when you get the other three matches.

What I've been working on - think of a card and fan the deck to remove it. Remark that there is one other card that matches - like the other red seven. Produce from pocket or card box. Seems how quicker, how much more impressive. I still love the idea of matches.
Ben Blau
View Profile
Inner circle
1475 Posts

Profile of Ben Blau
This isn't a "quickie", but it's one of my favorite "mates" routines.

https://youtu.be/rygyu9glfvU
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All in the cards » » Justifying the matching pair (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL