The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All tied up! » » New World Madstrap Escape (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Matman
View Profile
Regular user
105 Posts

Profile of Matman
Has anyone tried this? There is no demo video on the site.
This is on Aaron Smith's Magic Depot site (main page) http://www.themagicdepot.com/
Cliffg37
View Profile
Inner circle
Long Beach, CA
2491 Posts

Profile of Cliffg37
I will start by saying I have not done THIS escape. I have done one like it, using a leather version of the Siberian Chain.

TO be honest, if it is what I think it is, I would say that this prop relies heavily on presentation. That is you could do this and look silly or worse look boring. Or you can come up with a good story and pater that turn it into gold.

I once saw Patrick Culliton perform a Siberian chain. He began with Houdini's lie that the escape requires a demonstration of brute force. He then did the escape, making it look (very well) like the lie was the truth and he powered out. We all know there was no power move, we all know how that is done, but Pat sold it so well as to make it believable and entertaining.

My thinking is that this will be the same. I can think of a few ways to sell getting your hands out. Your feet are another story. I hope there is a method beyond just sitting down and removing the strap.
Magic is like Science,
Both are fun if you do it right!
Rook
View Profile
Special user
I went to the Magic Cafe and all I got were these lousy
834 Posts

Profile of Rook
Yep, according to the ad copy, it's a version of their "Old World Siberian," which I own. As such, I must assume that it is indeed what Cliff thinks it is.
Those who don't believe in magic will never find it.

-Roald Dahl
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All tied up! » » New World Madstrap Escape (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL