The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » F/X » » Countryman E6s Compact (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Christopher Moro
View Profile
Special user
793 Posts

Profile of Christopher Moro
Does anyone out there use the Countryman E6s Compact? Any thoughts/reviews?
arthur stead
View Profile
Inner circle
When I played soccer, I hit
1777 Posts

Profile of arthur stead
Christopher, I don't know the Countryman E6s Compact. But I did use a "regular" Countryman E6 earset mic for many years. Swear by it, but you must choose a directional model. Omni-directional picks up too many other unwanted noises and sounds.
Arthur Stead
royalty-free music and interactive routines
www.arthurstead.com
Ray Pierce
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles, CA
2604 Posts

Profile of Ray Pierce
I likewise use the E6 regularly. The E6s is better to use for theatrical productions where seeing the mic element would be detrimental to the performance. On the other hand, you will not get as much gain before feedback with these units as the element is further from your mouth so there is always a trade off. For magic use, I'm not as concerned with hiding the mic (although the E6 is as small and unobtrusive as any on the market) as getting better gain so the longer boom keeps the head closer to your mouth and thus will give you more output before feedback than the E6s. Hope that helps!
Ray Pierce
magic4545
View Profile
Inner circle
Jimmy Fingers
1159 Posts

Profile of magic4545
I was the first person to request and have manufactured an E6 cardioid about 20 years ago. Under the right circumstances, the omni is great. But, the ultracardioid is even BETTER for most of the random situations that I encounter. Great piece. I would opt for the heavier duty cable, they have two thicknesses.

Jimmy
www.jimmyfingers.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » F/X » » Countryman E6s Compact (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL