The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Did you hear the latest? » » Broken Wand :: Paul Diamond (4 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

magicnewswire
View Profile
Inner circle
1947 Posts

Profile of magicnewswire
Today I learned of the passing of Paul Diamond.

I started my love of magic via Paul's shop in South Florida.
A few years ago, I was lucky enough to track him down for a MagicNewswire.com interview which can still be heard here: http://bit.ly/MrHumble

You will be missed Mr. Humble.
Dodd Vickers

Host/Producer/Editor

The Magic Newswire

Twitter

iTunes Link
Bill Wilson
View Profile
Special user
536 Posts

Profile of Bill Wilson
Saw him many, many years ago at what I believe was a P.C.A.M. convention in Victoria B.C. The man really new his stuff. R.I.P. Mr. Diamond.
Dick Oslund
View Profile
Inner circle
8357 Posts

Profile of Dick Oslund
I'm very sorry to hear this sad news. Paul and I were not close friends, but, we were friends.

Another of magic's "characters" has left us.

Shalom, Paul!
SNEAKY, UNDERHANDED, DEVIOUS,& SURREPTITIOUS ITINERANT MOUNTEBANK
magicnewswire
View Profile
Inner circle
1947 Posts

Profile of magicnewswire
Paul Diamond may not be a household name in the world of magic today, but everyone that I speak to from Johnny Thompson, to Mac King & Lance Burton, etc... all knew "Mr. Humble." I was very sad to learn today that he had passed away. As a boy discovering the art of magic while living in South Florida, making the trip to Paul's shop in the Lauderdale by the Sea area was a must! I was lucky enough to get my first exposure to magic through a teacher associated with Paul's shop when I was in elementary school. As it turns out, Paul was also a favorite performer of Frank Sinatra and the Rat Pack. Over the years, he's been a featured entertainer for celebrity events hosted by Celine Dion, Elton John, Milton Berle and many others. In addition, Paul had such close association with such magic legends as Slydini and Charlie Miller live with him in his Florida home. Rediscover "Mr. Humble," Mr. Paul Diamond on this republished episode of the Magic Newswire's "Spirit of Magic Podcast." Rest in peace Paul!

http://mnw.squarespace.com/magicnewsfeed......ond.html
Dodd Vickers

Host/Producer/Editor

The Magic Newswire

Twitter

iTunes Link
Tim Snyder
View Profile
Regular user
Chicago, IL
112 Posts

Profile of Tim Snyder
I don't regularly peruse the entire forum. Usually I just check out a few favorite areas. So I am just now learning of Paul passing on. I am surprised his death has received so little attention. I did not know Paul personally; but have watched his videos. He shared some very practical information on making a living as a magician. It is funny how you begin to feel like you know someone after replaying their video multiple times trying to learn the lessons being taught. I am grateful to Paul for his contributions to the magical community. May he rest in peace and his memory live on.
disneywld
View Profile
Special user
Denver, CO
614 Posts

Profile of disneywld
I agree 100%; Paul should have had a greater tribute than what I have found so far in my Google searches. His contributions to magic and his ability to bring enthusiastic new members into the flock made him many friends for life. Thanks Paul for everything.
The Magic of Christopher Manos
www.christophermanos.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Did you hear the latest? » » Broken Wand :: Paul Diamond (4 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL