The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » What to do when you are asked to return? (8 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
arthur stead
View Profile
Inner circle
When I played soccer, I hit
1777 Posts

Profile of arthur stead
I was privileged to see Al Goshman perform and lecture in an extreme close-up situation way back in the mid-1970s. He was magnificent! Have met/seen very few entertainers since whose sense of timing and misdirection was so superb.
Arthur Stead
royalty-free music and interactive routines
www.arthurstead.com
Dick Oslund
View Profile
Inner circle
8357 Posts

Profile of Dick Oslund
Quote:
On May 30, 2017, Russo wrote:
Did you know Al Goshman was a Baker!!- I know him in the 60s-70s when we were members of the 'Castle'- remember one day walking up Hollywood blvd and Goshman was coming my way - ALL coverd with flower dust. He was so good with the sponge balls - taught my Wife a routine.. Ralph

Yup~ Back then, he was "Baker the fakir"!
SNEAKY, UNDERHANDED, DEVIOUS,& SURREPTITIOUS ITINERANT MOUNTEBANK
Dick Oslund
View Profile
Inner circle
8357 Posts

Profile of Dick Oslund
Maybe this week, I'll tell the story of Al's "lecture" at Bill Brewe's shop in Cincinnati OH.
SNEAKY, UNDERHANDED, DEVIOUS,& SURREPTITIOUS ITINERANT MOUNTEBANK
DutchMagicMan
View Profile
New user
16 Posts

Profile of DutchMagicMan
Thank you all for your responses. I've found 'generic' props to work great with children and I really liked the advice I got from this topic, where I should use those props in a different manner to create new 'effects'. This will give me the chance to invest in new routines with the same props, without having to focus on learning new tricks with different props.

And yes, the magic is you. The entertainment value is far bigger when you do the magic, instead of when the prop does the magic. At least, for me it works that way.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » What to do when you are asked to return? (8 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL