The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Red Pill Dating:The Myth of the Prudish & Monogamous 'Good Girl' (4 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
0pus
View Profile
Inner circle
New Jersey
1739 Posts

Profile of 0pus
Reminds me of Flip Wilson's "The devil made me do it."
magicalaurie
View Profile
Inner circle
Ontario, Canada
2962 Posts

Profile of magicalaurie
This thread saddens me, honestly. Because there are a lot of men here who will choose to believe the OP. Let me tell you, the girl exists. Ask me how I know. I wonder how many would believe me. Blaming others for your own fear shows a serious lack of self awareness, forget insight into the heart of another.

https://wordfromthewell.com/2012/08/03/l......ght-now/

"So when looking at your decisions, be very honest with yourself. How many of your choices are fear-based? If the majority of your choices are fear-based, then your life will be full of suffering. That is the tragic irony of fear-based existence. You believe that fear-based decisions will ease your suffering, because they temporarily make you feel more secure. In reality, they only increase your suffering.

If you truly wish to suffer less, then live life from a place of love. Love yourself. Do what you do from a place of love"
Magnus Eisengrim
View Profile
Inner circle
Sulla placed heads on
1053 Posts

Profile of Magnus Eisengrim
Quote:
On Jun 9, 2017, 0pus wrote:

Wilson was parodying the sentiment. The character Geraldine Jones (honey) was absolving herself of responsibility. St. Paul is doing exactly the opposite.
The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.--Yeats
rockwall
View Profile
Special user
762 Posts

Profile of rockwall
Quote:
On Jun 9, 2017, Magnus Eisengrim wrote:
Quote:

Wilson was parodying the sentiment. The character Geraldine Jones (honey) was absolving herself of responsibility. St. Paul is doing exactly the opposite.

It doesn't sound that way to me.
Magnus Eisengrim
View Profile
Inner circle
Sulla placed heads on
1053 Posts

Quote:
On Jun 9, 2017, rockwall wrote:
Quote:
Quote:

How so?
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Here is the SAD part to me. I would have HOPED we evolved past this crap.

Personally I am happy we can all be different people and "men" are not one single thing. I toured comedy clubs for about a decade as a headline act. Now when you are on the road for 45 weeks a year it bites. But to me it was more about what I was working FOR or towards. Not about in the moment. (Little good it did me, my practice wife left no matter if I was faithful as could be!)

But even now my wife and I spend much of a year apart in different countries. To me what is special is the time we ARE together! And the thing is it IS easy! It is easy to just dedicate yourself to one person. Maybe it is an outdated idea I am not sure. I have lots of those. I know I was the strange on in the comedy club scene that was for sure.

Everyone is entitled to do things and live life the way they see fit. It is simply not a good way for ME to live I guess. And if that is what some women are looking for, that also is up to them.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
rockwall
View Profile
Special user
762 Posts

Profile of rockwall
Quote:
Quote:
On Jun 9, 2017, rockwall wrote:
Quote:
Quote:

How so?

For I do not do the good I want to do, but the evil I do not want to do—this I keep on doing.
Now if I do what I do not want to do, it is no longer I who do it, but it is sin living in me that does it.

This sounds exactly like "The devil made me do it"
Magnus Eisengrim
View Profile
Inner circle
Sulla placed heads on
1053 Posts

Oh I see. You haven't read the whole letter. Pity. It's quite good.
rockwall
View Profile
Special user
762 Posts

Profile of rockwall
If you want to claim that Paul was doing just the opposite, than maybe it would serve you to post the portion that shows that, instead of just the part that shows just the opposite.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
I have to say generally speaking rockwall reads sources asked. You may disagree with his conclusions, but you can't accurately say he doesn't read the material.

Just how much research is one required to do in order to simply post here anyhow?
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
Magnus Eisengrim
View Profile
Inner circle
Sulla placed heads on
1053 Posts

Quote:
On Jun 10, 2017, rockwall wrote:
If you want to claim that Paul was doing just the opposite, than maybe it would serve you to post the portion that shows that, instead of just the part that shows just the opposite.

In context.

1. Lobo claimed that actions were identical with desires. I posted the (famous) St. Paul quotation to show an alternative point of view.
2. Opus made a quick comment comparing the quotation to Flip Wilson. I made a quick reply that the intent was the opposite.
3. Rockwall claimed that the intent of the piece is to be found only in the worlds quoted. AFAIK he still hasn't read the entire letter.
4. Rockwall now, rather than read the letter, asks that I quote more of it, to save him the bother of doing his own reading.

The Letter begins here. You'll have to navigate to read the entire thing.

Here's the Sparks Notes

In short, Paul notes the internal conflict between intellectual desire to do what is right, and the constant urging to sin. After much searching, he concludes that the power of faith is what makes it possible for the internal struggle to be decided in favour of (God's) goodness.
Magnus Eisengrim
View Profile
Inner circle
Sulla placed heads on
1053 Posts

Quote:
On Jun 10, 2017, Dannydoyle wrote:
I have to say generally speaking rockwall reads sources asked. You may disagree with his conclusions, but you can't accurately say he doesn't read the material.

Just how much research is one required to do in order to simply post here anyhow?

Oh yes I can. Not only does rockwall not read, he links to things he hasn't read, sometimes with the comical result that his links disagree with what he's claiming.

Rather notoriously, rockwall claims that he doesn't need to understand science to see that it's wrong. But he does admit that he doesn't understand iphones, and needs the Apple employees to figure things out for him.
magicalaurie
View Profile
Inner circle
Ontario, Canada
2962 Posts

Profile of magicalaurie
Quote:
On Jun 9, 2017, magicalaurie wrote:
This thread saddens me, honestly.

I best correct myself, I think- glass houses and all that.

If I look at this thread from a place of fear, I can become sad.

It's sunny and warm here- not humid, I think- again today and I'm going outside very soon. Smile

Who saw that strawberry moon last night? So pretty. I tried to capture it awhile- all kinds of different settings, but I'm not sure how my pics and video turned out, need to check them on the big screen. I think that's the first I've heard of a strawberry moon- someone kept posting on facebook that there was going to be one, but I didn't take notice of the date. But I pretty much knew it when I saw it, last night, when I was lucky enough to be taking out the garbage.( Smile!) I looked up to my sister's window. It was open, so I called up to her and advised Smile her to come take a look at the moon. She did, too. Smile

Smile
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1196 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
"Torture doesn't work" lol
Guess they forgot to tell Bill Buckley.

"...as we reason and love, we are able to hope. And hope enables us to resist those things that would enslave us."
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5194 Posts

Profile of landmark
I have this strange compulsion to talk about Free Will...
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Red Pill Dating:The Myth of the Prudish & Monogamous 'Good Girl' (4 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL