The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Old Moves and Approach (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

funsway
View Profile
Inner circle
old things in new ways - new things in old ways
9988 Posts

Profile of funsway
While sorting though boxes I found my 1945 Jack MIller's Linking Ring Routine booklet.
I discover several thinks I had forgotten:

1) he doe snot describe full routine, assuming that the reader already knows basic moves and handlings.
Instead, he describes his special handling of certain sections of a routine from which the reader can build their own better routine.

The provided photographs are to illustrate the advantages of the "heel Link" and not to teach the moves. The written description is for that purpose.

2) The last portion is three "Ring on Rope" moves. Several I have seen on DVD's in recent years but none credit Miller or his unnamed source.
I will add one of these to my routine as a superior handling. ii would appear that Jack Miller considered that Linking Rings and Ring on Rope to be compatible.

He suggests an 8" ring and 8-10 feet of rope. All of the "Miracle Moves" involve tying the rope into a knot or knotted loop --
and each is a "slow" presentation so that the audience is clear on what is happening.

Just food for thought.
"the more one pretends at magic, the more awe and wonder will be found in real life." Arnold Furst

eBooks at https://www.lybrary.com/ken-muller-m-579928.html questions at ken@eversway.com
JNeal
View Profile
Inner circle
I used to have 999 posts, now I have
1623 Posts

Profile of JNeal
The late Bob Lewis (and Ginny) used to do a routine based on the Jack Miller 'Miracle Moves' with a series of non sequitur jokes that were perfectly timed to the climax and beats of these moves. they looked gret 40 years ago... and still work well today!
visit me @ JNealShow.com
mindmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
London
1740 Posts

Profile of mindmagic
There's a chapter on the "Miracle Move" in SW Rope Magic by Karl Fulves.

Barry
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Old Moves and Approach (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL