The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You are getting sleepy...very sleepy... » » Hypnotism where to start (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
Mindpro
View Profile
Eternal Order
10606 Posts

Profile of Mindpro
Wow, you already know better than those with actual experience.
kevinuncanny
View Profile
Loyal user
264 Posts

Profile of kevinuncanny
You're right Impulse. Why spend money on real learning when you have books?

I don't understand why doctors even bother going to med school when they can just read about it.

Why do actors go to workshops when they can buy a book?

Can you believe comedians actually attended classes when there are 100's of books on the subject?

If you want to have a career, learn from people who are really doing it. Learn what you are really doing with volunteers and learn to do it right.

I think I've exhausted myself on this thread.
Kevin Lepine
Hypnosis Unleashed-THE Vegas Hypnosis Show
www.Kevinlepine.com
www.VegasHypnosisShow.com
Mindpro
View Profile
Eternal Order
10606 Posts

Profile of Mindpro
Exactly! That's why he is favoring Realty Is Plastic rather than the other provided resources and insights. Just let him play with his "set-pieces" and being impressed sticking his hand to the table and trying it on family and friends and he will get the same results as others have playing in traffic (the streets). We are all under the misunderstanding that he wanted to learn actual hypnosis and then real performance hypnosis.

The observations of Kevin and Mr. Mouse are spot on. I have tried to assist Impulse and offer him advice both here and in the mentalism forums and it seems like short cuts and low-ball things is where his interests seem to favor. We all know the story and how it ends up. Magician mentalities prevail. I'm guessing the training course may not lead him necessarily either. Some people here just don't realize who they are talking to or communicating with and who and what they are dismissing. Hilarious.

As I say in the business section, which also applies here as well, "be careful to whom you listen to."
Mindpro
View Profile
Eternal Order
10606 Posts

Profile of Mindpro
I believe he stated somewhere he was in his thirties unless I'm confusing him with some other newbie here.
WitchDocChris
View Profile
Inner circle
York, PA
2614 Posts

Profile of WitchDocChris
We're probably not supposed to talk about it because there's more or less no chance of that conversation being remotely productive, and it will almost certainly dive straight south into ad hominem and other disruptive issues.
Christopher
Witch Doctor

Psycho Seance book: https://tinyurl.com/y873bbr4
Boffo eBook: https://tinyurl.com/387sxkcd
toniyammine
View Profile
New user
76 Posts

Profile of toniyammine
Quote:
On Jul 6, 2017, kevinuncanny wrote:
You're right Impulse. Why spend money on real learning when you have books?

I don't understand why doctors even bother going to med school when they can just read about it.

Why do actors go to workshops when they can buy a book?

Can you believe comedians actually attended classes when there are 100's of books on the subject?

If you want to have a career, learn from people who are really doing it. Learn what you are really doing with volunteers and learn to do it right.

I think I've exhausted myself on this thread.

IMHO, Both books are learning with real performers are important.
Mindpro
View Profile
Eternal Order
10606 Posts

Profile of Mindpro
I don't think it's a matter of format (books, audio programs, DVDs, etc.) as much as it is an issue if credibility, comprehensive knowledge and actual professional experience. Actually now more than ever as so much junk is out by many with minimal or no actual experience. Same for youtube. Some of the worst content being passed off as "information" or "knowledge" is all over the internet.

Start by doing your research of who is the most credible in your specific are of interest, then dig deeper. I have been seeing podcasts, courses and books with absolutely terrible "training" by those that haven't a clue. Remember there are many more wannebees than actual skilled and credible resources. Your first job is to be aware of this, understand the differences and use this info to do your due diligence.
kevinuncanny
View Profile
Loyal user
264 Posts

Profile of kevinuncanny
Toni- books are a great add on. I still read books on hypnosis. But I believe a live training is far more effective.
Kevin Lepine
Hypnosis Unleashed-THE Vegas Hypnosis Show
www.Kevinlepine.com
www.VegasHypnosisShow.com
Senor Fabuloso
View Profile
Inner circle
1243 Posts

Profile of Senor Fabuloso
Impulse are you still here? The one bit of REAL advise nobody has offered is to go to a show and see for yourself how it works. Study the hypnotist and see how he chooses his participants. Then watch them and after the show, talk to them about why and how they were able to perform the things he the hypnotist asked of them? After but one performance you will know all you need to know.
No matter how many times you say the wrong thing, it will NEVER be right.

If I'm not responding to you? It's because you're a TROLL!
WitchDocChris
View Profile
Inner circle
York, PA
2614 Posts

Profile of WitchDocChris
Because statistics is bunk, am I right?
Christopher
Witch Doctor

Psycho Seance book: https://tinyurl.com/y873bbr4
Boffo eBook: https://tinyurl.com/387sxkcd
NightSG
View Profile
New user
67 Posts

Profile of NightSG
Quote:
On Jul 11, 2017, kevinuncanny wrote:
Toni- books are a great add on. I still read books on hypnosis. But I believe a live training is far more effective.

Yeah, but how would I trust anyone to teach the one simple effect I want?

Subject goes to the nearest ATM, withdraws all their money, gives it to me, forgets they met me, and clearly remembers spending all their money at the bar. The next day, they schedule a rather expensive alcoholism treatment session with me for right after their next payday and fully believe that I'm hypnotizing them and placing carefully worded suggestions to help combat their alcohol dependence rather than just having them clean out their account again.

Now that's real magic.
Futureal
View Profile
Inner circle
1695 Posts

Profile of Futureal
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You are getting sleepy...very sleepy... » » Hypnotism where to start (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL