The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » False Anchors Vol 1 by Ryan Schlutz (3 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
MadisonH
View Profile
Inner circle
1754 Posts

Profile of MadisonH
Only 2 left!!! Who will be the lucky 2!?
codydavismagic
View Profile
Veteran user
363 Posts

Profile of codydavismagic
Sold out!! Wow those went fast!
Seth speaks
View Profile
Inner circle
New Mexico
1250 Posts

Profile of Seth speaks
I am LOVING this book from stem to stern! And I want to add, after my earlier post about my personal problems with the DL because I'm "not a card guy," I told myself I was being whiny and ridiculous and I wanted to be able to do this transpo. So I went back to the first two volumes of Giobbi, as well as a couple of online tutorials, and started practicing again with a vengeance. And you know what? With a couple weeks' regular practice, I've got it down. SO much easier than I remember (a light touch is the key for me--I always used to nervously clench the double too hard) and now I'm regretting psyching myself out for so long about a simple DL! So now I almost have this transpo down, and it is an awesome one because Ryan's false anchor philosophy truly increases the wow factor, like a Hollywood special effect. I've gone from not knowing who Ryan Schlutz is, to being a raving fan (I think Slightly Sleighty will be my next purchase)! The rest of the book is incredible as well, but I'm taking it in slowly.

Thanks so much Ryan!! (And Madison!)

Smile

Seth
aussiemagik
View Profile
New user
Norfolk, VA
89 Posts

Profile of aussiemagik
I knew it. I KNEW I should have ordered last week. I have no idea why I waited, but oh well. Lesson learned.
adiabaticman
View Profile
Regular user
Indiana
144 Posts

Profile of adiabaticman
You can still get it. Someone has it for sale in the Let's make a magic deal section. Good luck! I bought it from Ryan as soon as it was launched and I am really happy with it. Very good booklet.
Watching those electrons dance on the adiabat, from Franck-Condon to the Asymptote.
RSchlutz
View Profile
V.I.P.
512 Posts

Profile of RSchlutz
Seth-

Your comment really made this whole project worth it. Thank you for that.

Ryan
rjs
View Profile
Loyal user
296 Posts

Profile of rjs
Eddie Fields had an audacious impossible card location effect which is somewhat similar to 'I Love You'.
You need something extra - but this can easily be found in chemists or department stores for a coupla quid.
Argon
View Profile
Regular user
Germany
159 Posts

Profile of Argon
Hello,
I received my copy yesterday, read it and wanted to let you participate in my thinking process... 😀

First of, the physical copy is very nice, inside are full colour pictures that really help understand the content. The ladies also look good in colour. The only disappointing thing is the cover. Here the nice blue colour is already of the edge of the spine. Something that is minor but could be corrected my a lamination or other treatment of the cover. That way it would remain beautiful longer.

The content. I love I love you. Very cool idea that actually works. Sadly I am no card worker but a mentalist, so I do have to work on my spread to achieve better results here. As a mentalist I also play this routine a mind reading. It could actually substitute the first part of my diplopia routine, my favorite think of a card routine.

The switch is nice and I am currently trying it as a billet switch like move where I sub out the though of card.

Strange gift is a nice idea I have just tested and is perfect for a informal venue, aktuelle like all of the routine she in this book.

The Transpo is something I will have to practice more so I cannot really comment on this other that it is very visual and hand off. I see me using this a nice pseudo hypno of fake reality piece.

The extra shuffling move are the icing on the cake and I will find a way to use them.

Not being a card guy I would find itbvery helpful if Ryan would quote where to find the card moves he refers to, because that would save me a lot of time searching. I am aware that these are probably standard moves, but I still have to find them in my library.

Lastly I really appreciate the underlying theme of false anchors and the insights Ryan shares with his readers.

All in all I am very pleased with my purchase and am looking forward to the next installment.

Thanks Ryan, keep ist up.

Cheers
Stefan
MadisonH
View Profile
Inner circle
1754 Posts

Profile of MadisonH
Finally had a chance to perform these effects on my mother. She has seen a LOT of card tricks over the years considering she was always my practice dummy growing up.

She loved the I love you effect. She was saying "no way... there's no way that's the card" at the end. (Again, I've been using an effect from Slightly Sleighty as the follow up to the control.)

But the one she REALLY flipped out on was the in air transpo. She was more amazed than I've ever seen her. Her jaw hit the floor and she was flabbergasted. She went through the deck of cards trying to find "a mirror card or something!" She told me, and I quote, "You're going to have to do that again. That was incredible. Seriously, it was incredible. Like... I'm about to cry!" Hahaha now that's the reactions I want when I perform. It was such an amazing moment that she literally felt emotions course through her.

This is why "In Air Transpo" is something I'm set to perform at all times now. It's too good. I'm SO thankful I'm one of 251 people who know it's secret Smile

Also, just a fun fact, the effect everyone was so excited about (strange gift) seems to actually be the weakest effect from the book for a layman. It's funny, but the other two effects consistently get bigger reactions. Strange Gift is definitely something I'll use as a magician fooler though.

Madison
robd
View Profile
Loyal user
251 Posts

Profile of robd
I would like a copy of this if anyone is parting with one.
Argon
View Profile
Regular user
Germany
159 Posts

Profile of Argon
Hi there, related to my prior post, can anyone point me to a source for:
Stewart Gordon Double Lift
Marlow Tilt.
Help is appreciated.
Thanks and cheers
Stefan
MadisonH
View Profile
Inner circle
1754 Posts

Profile of MadisonH
Quote:
On Jul 31, 2017, Argon wrote:
Hi there, related to my prior post, can anyone point me to a source for:
Stewart Gordon Double Lift
Marlow Tilt.
Help is appreciated.
Thanks and cheers
Stefan

YouTube Smile
Argon
View Profile
Regular user
Germany
159 Posts

Profile of Argon
Hm thanks Madison, helpful as always.
I guess I am a book guy and was looking for excuse to read my old card magic stuff.
YouTube of course is easier and I should have thought of that myself.
I am feeling a tad old now...
Cheers
Stefan
RSchlutz
View Profile
V.I.P.
512 Posts

Profile of RSchlutz
Hey Stefan-

Any double lift would work. Tilt you can learn in Card College Volume 4 and double turnover in card college volume 2.

I am a book guy as well so I understand.

Sorry to make you go on the hunt they usually are fun though.

Ryan
Argon
View Profile
Regular user
Germany
159 Posts

Profile of Argon
Hi Ryan, thanks for the info and your booklet.
I really enjoy it and will have fun with it.
Good luck with your next volume.
Take care
Stefan
reignofsound
View Profile
Inner circle
Glasgow, UK
2200 Posts

Profile of reignofsound
Mine arrived today.
Looks great.
Just had time to try the first effect on myself.
Man that is cool 😎
SleepyMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Hopefully I'll pass my exams with
1646 Posts

Profile of SleepyMagic
How did I not see this thread before!!

Anyone selling their copy? Willing to take it!

Thanks
Sleepy
MadisonH
View Profile
Inner circle
1754 Posts

Profile of MadisonH
Quote:
On Jan 3, 2018, SleepyMagic wrote:
How did I not see this thread before!!

Anyone selling their copy? Willing to take it!

Thanks
Sleepy

It is a great book on Card Magic. In the meantime, I recommend False Anchors Vol. 2. It also has very powerful magic in it. Still available from Ryan directly here:

https://gumroad.com/l/DtBr

Madison
maciek
View Profile
New user
PL
6 Posts

Profile of maciek
I'm also interested in buying the first volume. Any information about new stock ?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » False Anchors Vol 1 by Ryan Schlutz (3 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL