The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Artificial Intelligence effect (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Roy
View Profile
Elite user
Israel
486 Posts

Profile of Roy
Hi All,

I am looking for ideas to perform:
1. An effect dealing with Artificial Intelligence and learning machines
2. A cool Visual way to get to a four digit number (not a chair routine)

Thanks in advance. Sarcastic answers are not welcome Smile

Roy
Philemon Vanderbeck
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
4696 Posts

Profile of Philemon Vanderbeck
What are you hoping to show that AI can do? "Read" someone's mind? Predict the future? You need to have your end goal in mind and then work backwards.
Professor Philemon Vanderbeck
That Creepy Magician
"I use my sixth sense to create the illusion of possessing the other five."
jstreiff
View Profile
Special user
701 Posts

Profile of jstreiff
Along the lines of AI, it is often asked if AI will eventually exceed human mental capacity. So you might test that premise. This is very rough admittedly, but you might have a prop that you claim is an AI device, maybe even an app on your phone. The app does something quite amazing, like apparent learning which in some way challenges either you or a participant. You then do something that 'tops' the machine (I warned you this was rough) thus demonstrating the superiority of the human mind. Could be very powerful if that were the participant's mind.

Regarding the number prediction, I'm a bit surprised your asking this one considering the fantastic work you have done in this premise already. Prior work in the Lottery genre comes to mind immediately. A major effect where large groups of the audience participate in making an extensive number of decisions that lead impossibly to the final number. Using the mind of the audience at large is probably superior to demonstrating a random process, which might be less impactful - like a dice roll for example.

Just some random thoughts.
John
celebrity
View Profile
Inner circle
1965 Posts

Profile of celebrity
Patrick Redford has a very nice idea which would suit!

The spectators take numbers and swap between themselves and you have predicted the outcome!

Also (slightly different) but Catch 23 by Asi Wind is also fantastic.

Best Wishes Michael
As a mentalist you must always ask yourself what if! And throughout your life you should seek to ask and answer this question over and over again, only then will your wildest dreams become a reality!

Visit - www.mindfx.co.uk to learn more!
Dr Spektor
View Profile
Eternal Order
Carcanis
10781 Posts

Profile of Dr Spektor
Mine is a bit dark, as I did a Blade Runner routine and identified the replicant in the audience.
"They are lean and athirst!!!!"
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Artificial Intelligence effect (2 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL