The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magicians of old » » Frischkorn (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Anatole
View Profile
Inner circle
1912 Posts

Profile of Anatole
I am looking for information on Carl "Karland" Frischkorn (1887-1954).
The GENII MagicPedia has this information:
-----quote-----
Dr. Carl S. "Karland ' Frischkorn (1887-1954) owned the Karland 3-Ring Circus in Virginia Beach, Virginia for many years.

Frischkorn became interested in magic in 1902.

He helped start Norfolk's first organized magical fraternity the "Blackstone Ring 1" in 1943.

Just a few days before his death he was voted an honorary lifetime member of Ring 103.

I.B.M. Ring 103 in Norfolk was named in (his) honor in 1954 (then renamed the "Earl Edwards Ring" in 1972.

The Ring's newsletter Fresh Korn From Frischkorn ran for four issues in 1960 until editor George Lyon moved from this area.
-----unquote-----
From
http://www.geniimagazine.com/wiki/index.......ischkorn

The April 1945 issue of _The Conjuror's Magazine_ mentions that Doc Frischkorn bought the Kellar Spirit Cabinet from Hardeen.

I found an eBay listing for a Karland's 3-Ring Magic Circus poster:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Karlands-3-Ring-......CGVX9~h1

----- Amado "Sonny" Narvaez
----- Sonny Narvaez
Dick Oslund
View Profile
Inner circle
8357 Posts

Profile of Dick Oslund
Sonny!

Some years ago, I had a Frischkorn Circus handbill. It was printed on orange newsprint, about 24" tall by about 20" across. It had "standard" circus artwork.

When the Christianis brought back the Circus Parade (in 1952 or '53) they bought Doc's Calliope. They paraded down Granby Street.

For a gag, he would sometimes hitch up his elephant to a plow on his farm. IT STOPPED TRAFFIC!

I was President of the Blackstone Ring in the early '50s.

The velvet cape that I sent you, a few years ago, was used by Doc when he did the Kellar wrist tie. He presented an old fashioned political "STUMP SPEECH" which was hilariously funny. He was an active SHRINER.

When he died, the line at the Funeral Home "stretched" around the block.
SNEAKY, UNDERHANDED, DEVIOUS,& SURREPTITIOUS ITINERANT MOUNTEBANK
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magicians of old » » Frischkorn (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL