The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Card Studio » » Card Finish (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Davdo
View Profile
Regular user
New York
157 Posts

Profile of Davdo
I'm doing some legwork on a new deck project and I just wanted to gauge preferences on the finish of your playing cards. Is it kind of a given that everybody prefers linen/air cusion etc. Over the smooth plastic. I never gave a thought to plastic coated until I bought some "special" Fournier 505 decks. They're not bad and not impossible to use for basic sleights. Would a smooth deck be a deal breaker for the potential magician target audience?

Thanks!

Dave
WillRoya
View Profile
Loyal user
Henderson, NV
223 Posts

Profile of WillRoya
I would only use the smooth finish if it was more of an "art" deck to be looked at. If you plan to use the cards for play / magic it is best to stick to an embossed finish. That is what people know and expect.
Davdo
View Profile
Regular user
New York
157 Posts

Profile of Davdo
Thanks!
cards-mart
View Profile
New user
1 Post

Profile of cards-mart
Quote:
On Jul 4, 2017, Davdo wrote:
I'm doing some legwork on a new deck project and I just wanted to gauge preferences on the finish of your playing cards. Is it kind of a given that everybody prefers linen/air cusion etc. Over the smooth plastic. I never gave a thought to plastic coated until I bought some "special" Fournier 505 decks. They're not bad and not impossible to use for basic sleights. Would a smooth deck be a deal breaker for the potential magician target audience?

Thanks!

Dave

actually, no matter you do it on plastic or paper, there are two majot finish for a card. 1st glossy,2nd matte. glossy laminated on plastic,the color look rich,more sharp and bright than matte. but matte on plastic is a good idea for a higher end looking and feel. can attract more audience.
PCM is a leading company in the plastic card printing industry, which passed ISO9001:2000 Certificate & ISO14001 Environmental Certificate. We print all types of plastic cards and can fulfill all of your business needs. We print full colour plastic cards, contact smart card, RFID card, RFID Tags, Lanyards,plastic key tags and more.
Alex Day
View Profile
Regular user
155 Posts

Profile of Alex Day
I prefer ivory over cambric.
kardistic
View Profile
New user
50 Posts

Profile of kardistic
I prefer air-cushion finish, because it doesn't stick that much as with smooth finish overtime.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Card Studio » » Card Finish (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL