The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » John Moehring (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Anatole
View Profile
Inner circle
1912 Posts

Profile of Anatole
In case this information has not been reported here yet...

Sad news from John Moehring's family that he has passed away.

John made many contributions to magic as the editor of _M.U.M._ and _Magic Magazine_ and as the author of _Del Ray: America's Foremost_, _The Magical Life of Marshall Brodien_, and his own autobiography _A Texan Trixter_ in which he also detailed some of his great routines. He attended many magic conventions and presented/moderated a special presentation of "Magicans Who Appeared on 'The Ed Sullivan Show'" at one of the IBM conventions.

Here's a video of John's appearance on "The Ed Sullivan Show"--including an audition tape:
https://vimeo.com/67302500

----- Amado "Sonny" Narvaez
----- Sonny Narvaez
JNeal
View Profile
Inner circle
I used to have 999 posts, now I have
1623 Posts

Profile of JNeal
So sorry to hear that sad news... he was a genuinely 'nice' guy and deserved more recognition for his contributions... including that fine book "A Texan Trixter".

Jonathan Neal
visit me @ JNealShow.com
Dick Oslund
View Profile
Inner circle
8357 Posts

Profile of Dick Oslund
We never met, but, I am certain that if we had,it would have been a most worthwhile meeting.

If I remember correctly, he was the youngest magician to appear on the Sullivan show.

Requiescat in pace, John!
SNEAKY, UNDERHANDED, DEVIOUS,& SURREPTITIOUS ITINERANT MOUNTEBANK
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » John Moehring (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL