The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Mentally Speaking » » Sneak Peek by Spidey (7 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Last Laugh
View Profile
Inner circle
Grass Valley, California
3498 Posts

Profile of Last Laugh
Https://store.theory11.com/products/sneak-peek-by-spidey

After recently picking up his very clever Akkelian Envelopes, I decided to check out some of the other releases by Spidey.

Sneak peek aka Bubble peek is a very deceptive handling for business card peek.

Although it wasn't originally based on Acidus Novus, it is probably safe to call it a version as the basic location of the peek is the same. Spidey does have permission from Millard Longman.
Beyond the location of the writing, it's actually pretty different than the original AN handling.

It is very deceptive and may even fool those that are familiar with AN since the actual peek is disguised with an additional layer of deception.

All in all, it's good technique and it's only $7.... I'd suggest anyone looking for a nice deceptive peek to check it out.
My Mentalism Podcast:
The Mystery Arts Podcast

Check out my products!

Direct from me (PW: cassidy)

On Penguin Magic
j100taylor
View Profile
Inner circle
1198 Posts

Profile of j100taylor
Very nice peek. Thanks for the heads up.
Lakewood, Ohio
Caveman
View Profile
Regular user
118 Posts

Profile of Caveman
LL, I appreciated the tip...picked this up, and quite liked it. I'd been looking for a better peek than what I've been doing, I don't want to name it and cheapen the already good peek that I'd been doing, but this feels stronger.

Thanks, 93
Last Laugh
View Profile
Inner circle
Grass Valley, California
3498 Posts

Profile of Last Laugh
Yeah, surprised that this hasn't been more popular, although I guess it came out a few years ago. I have noticed one small limiting factor with this, which is that with poor lighting it is probably better to use a 2 digit number or initials vs a longer word or number. With good lighting it doesn't seem to matter. Just something to consider.
My Mentalism Podcast:
The Mystery Arts Podcast

Check out my products!

Direct from me (PW: cassidy)

On Penguin Magic
Marc O
View Profile
Special user
The Netherlands
755 Posts

Profile of Marc O
Thank you Matthew for bringing this back to my attention.
The Sneak Peek was on my "to check out" list.

Just purchased it and very happy with it.
I think I am going to start with a which hand game before the reveal.
Explaining the which hand game, giving the card to them and then go into a which hand game before the reveal gives much more time between peek and revelation and the card is in their posession.
Tom DV
View Profile
Special user
694 Posts

Profile of Tom DV
I consider this a secret weapon when performing. If someone has seen me use Acidus Novus and wants me to reveal something else - it's essentially the same procedure for the spectator but now the peek moment becomes that much more impossible to backtrack. 'Not only did they fold the card once, then fold it again, but it's now inside my closed fist - no way to see what's written...' Smile
BSpideyA
View Profile
Regular user
126 Posts

Profile of BSpideyA
Hey guys! Ready for a kick ass Idea just for the few lucky people on this thread?

You can do a great lie detector trick with this. So you take the billet back, tell them "I'm going to turn around and I want you to place your paper in your hand like this. Make sure theres NO way to see it from the top, or the bottom (indicate) and put both hands in front of you like this." Hand it back. For those in the know, you know when the peek is done.

Now you turn back to face them and say. Now I want you to decide whether you want to be a liar or a truth teller, totally up to you but you must commit. Now they choose.

you can now ask questions and have some fun and ONE of your questions just has to be "is your number even or odd?" And when they answer you say "of course I don't know if that's true or not, but I think I'm onto something"

now you know if they're lying or telling te truth so you ask "is it in this hand"

So now you've used the knowledge they don't know you have in order to find the billet. And now you can go on to reveal the number. If you should so choose.
Marc O
View Profile
Special user
The Netherlands
755 Posts

Profile of Marc O
Thanks for the idea but wasn't that already posted 2 post before yours?
Btw I use Teq Hus for the which hand routine. Smile Smile
BSpideyA
View Profile
Regular user
126 Posts

Profile of BSpideyA
Lol Holly smokes! yep! Good job
JesterAndrus
View Profile
New user
56 Posts

Profile of JesterAndrus
Thanks for sharing your additional thoughts! I'm glad I spent the $7 on it and will enhance it next time with a which hand game Smile
Stunninger
View Profile
Inner circle
2827 Posts

Profile of Stunninger
I bought this and like it a lot. Well worth the $6.95!
teenagelabotomy42
View Profile
New user
95 Posts

Profile of teenagelabotomy42
I think it's fine. 3.5/5 because I have small hands Smile
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
12967 Posts

Profile of John C
Quote:
On Apr 19, 2019, teenagelabotomy42 wrote:

That shouldn't take away points on the effect. Just because you have small hands.
teenagelabotomy42
View Profile
New user
95 Posts

Profile of teenagelabotomy42
The move is kinda hard for me because of it so it's not as easy for me to accomplish. So yeah it does since it's my review.
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
12967 Posts

Profile of John C
Quote:
On Apr 19, 2019, teenagelabotomy42 wrote:
The move is kinda hard for me because of it so it's not as easy for me to accomplish. So yeah it does since it's my review.

Ok. Got it.
252life
View Profile
Inner circle
Ninth Circle, Hades
3253 Posts

Profile of 252life
The name should have tipped us off.
Look for all the world like you're counting the brain cells in his cranium.

-Theodore Annemann
Jed Maxwell
View Profile
Regular user
133 Posts

Profile of Jed Maxwell
I really like this. Demonstrating holding it in your fist is a much better twist than having them tear it up and hold a torn piece for a psychometry trick that I do.
Race Blakhart
View Profile
Special user
Selma,CA
623 Posts

Profile of Race Blakhart
Quote:
On Apr 18, 2019, teenagelabotomy42 wrote:

Wouldn't a smaller billet fix this problem?
thekillingjoke33
View Profile
New user
50 Posts

Profile of thekillingjoke33
I like this. There is an additional prep/handling to the billet compared to the standard AN, but I think this is a bit more deceptive as well.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Mentally Speaking » » Sneak Peek by Spidey (7 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL