The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Lights...camera...action! » » Need Effect for Local TV Show (3 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

philraso
View Profile
Regular user
175 Posts

Profile of philraso
Any thoughts on a nice effect I would perform on a local TV show? I would have 3-5 minutes and would be with one host. Was thinking about doing something simple with the host's name written on a playing card. Like MM's "phil" trick I believe.
Neznarf
View Profile
Inner circle
NY then AZ now
1840 Posts

Profile of Neznarf
Cryptext
"Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass...it's about learning how to dance in the rain."
philraso
View Profile
Regular user
175 Posts

Profile of philraso
Thanks for the input. Do you mean calculator trick?
Neznarf
View Profile
Inner circle
NY then AZ now
1840 Posts

Profile of Neznarf
"Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass...it's about learning how to dance in the rain."
Moxahalla
View Profile
Special user
Los Angeles
751 Posts

Profile of Moxahalla
Philraso:

Yes, I would think anything involving the HOST (i.e. the Hosts's name) would be ideal....after all, HE is the STAR of the program, not you.

Personally, anything involving iPhones & computers and/or calculators - just screams "electronic wizardy" and/or special Apps.

The credit for a good trick, should go solely to the skill of the magician...NOT to an electronic gadget.
philraso
View Profile
Regular user
175 Posts

Profile of philraso
I would like to include the host and make her look good and amazed. And not use my phone.
debjit
View Profile
Loyal user
India
213 Posts

Profile of debjit
Are you a magician or mentalist?
Futureal
View Profile
Inner circle
1695 Posts

Profile of Futureal
Do.

Your.

Act.

You do have one right?
Paul Rathbun
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan
2543 Posts

Profile of Paul Rathbun
Quote:
On Sep 19, 2018, Futureal wrote:
Do.

Your.

Act.

You do have one right?

I agree. Do something you have performed regularly for years, not something new that someone on here suggests you perform. Just think about it for a second, which is going to represent you better? A new routine a stranger suggested you try, or a routine you’ve perfected over hundreds of performances? I know which one I would do.
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
18036 Posts

Profile of Slim King
How did it go so long ago?????
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Lights...camera...action! » » Need Effect for Local TV Show (3 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL