The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Do you remember where you were/what you were doing re: OJ... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Chessmann
View Profile
Inner circle
4247 Posts

Profile of Chessmann
Do you remember what were you doing on "Bronco night," and then later, when the OJ verdict was read?

I had just got home from a mid-week church service and my wife had the Bronco driving down the highway on TV.

I was on my way home from work, listening to the radio, awaiting the decision. Stopped at a store for about 20 minutes, got back in the car and they were discussing the verdict.

Pretty boring, I know Smile Do you remember where you were/what you were doing on either of these?
My ex-cat was named "Muffin". "Vomit" would be a better name for her. AKA "The Evil Ball of Fur".
TomBoleware
View Profile
Inner circle
Hattiesburg, Ms
3174 Posts

Profile of TomBoleware
I do. I also remember watching nearly every minute of the trial. Smile

Tom
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1196 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
I was tending bar during the bronco chase, watching on the restaurant's TV, along with my customers. I was at a home poker game when the verdict came down.
"Torture doesn't work" lol
Guess they forgot to tell Bill Buckley.

"...as we reason and love, we are able to hope. And hope enables us to resist those things that would enslave us."
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil's Island
16543 Posts

Profile of tommy
Not really as I was here there and everywhere. Perhaps in a house in a game in York for the verdict. I mean as I recall they were haveing side bets on it there. I think I was probably asleep for the result.
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
TomBoleware
View Profile
Inner circle
Hattiesburg, Ms
3174 Posts

Profile of TomBoleware
During that time I owned a sportscard and comic book shop and I can remember some asking, should I sell or buy his cards? Smile
I think most held on to them until the verdict.

Tom
S2000magician
View Profile
Inner circle
Yorba Linda, CA
3465 Posts

Profile of S2000magician
No, I don't.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21263 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Sadly enough I probably am probably one of the few that didn't care either way. So no I don't remember.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
S2000magician
View Profile
Inner circle
Yorba Linda, CA
3465 Posts

Profile of S2000magician
Quote:
On Jul 22, 2017, Dannydoyle wrote:
Sadly enough I probably am probably one of the few that didn't care either way. So no I don't remember.

OJ Simpson was a great running back for my favorite college team.

He was a pretty good running back for a professional team about which I don't care a bit.

That's the extent of my interest in OJ Simpson.
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1196 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
He was great for the Bills, too.
"Torture doesn't work" lol
Guess they forgot to tell Bill Buckley.

"...as we reason and love, we are able to hope. And hope enables us to resist those things that would enslave us."
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21263 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Quote:
On Jul 22, 2017, S2000magician wrote:
Quote:

He was a pretty good running back for a professional team about which I don't care a bit.

I enjoyed him in "The Naked Gun" movies and Capricorn One was interesting.

That is about as far as it went for me.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
arthur stead
View Profile
Inner circle
When I played soccer, I hit
1777 Posts

Profile of arthur stead
Frankly, I enjoyed coverage of Princess Di’s wedding much more. And the outcome of OJ’s trial was all too predictable.
Arthur Stead
royalty-free music and interactive routines
www.arthurstead.com
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2889 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
Quote:
On Jul 22, 2017, S2000magician wrote:
Quote:

As I never cared for sports, I wasn't even that involved. He was a sports guy who'd done some ad work and was a security guard in "The Towering Inferno," and an astronaut in "Capricorn One." (I hadn't seen "The Naked Gun" yet.
"...and if you're too afraid of goin' astray, you won't go anywhere." - Granny Weatherwax
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Do you remember where you were/what you were doing re: OJ... (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL