The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Knots and loops » » Shoelace (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Eugene Chekhov
View Profile
Elite user
~Magic~
453 Posts

Profile of Eugene Chekhov
Https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cBdKJlzvdcY
Hi guys! Someone familiar with this method? Perhaps Aldo? Any help in this matter! Thank you!
I love the magic & history of magic! My favorites magicians - Dai Vernon, Max Malini, Fielding West, Michael Finney, Jeff Hobson, Bob Sheets, Nick Lewin, Harry Murphy, Dick Oslund- great showmen of magic!
Eugene_Chekhov@yahoo.com
Harry Murphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Maryland
5445 Posts

Profile of Harry Murphy
It is basically the Panama Rope Mystery (Ted Collins credited with its invention in 1941 and it was put in Tarbell volume 2 in 1942). However this version starts with a clever slip knot addition at the beginning of the routine. It's a good effect in its original form and nicely done with the little subtly seen in this video.
The artist formally known as Mumblepeas!
Dick Oslund
View Profile
Inner circle
8357 Posts

Profile of Dick Oslund
Right! I had a little problem with the visibility. (colored rope, and dark table top) but, Harry and I are old enough to remember! Collins, won an award, from the I Bother Magicians Ass'n. for this.

It's sometimes just called the 'square knot principle) but Collins gets the credit! I have used it, and, it plays!
SNEAKY, UNDERHANDED, DEVIOUS,& SURREPTITIOUS ITINERANT MOUNTEBANK
Eugene Chekhov
View Profile
Elite user
~Magic~
453 Posts

Thank you for your professional opinion. Good Routine! I will experiment with the first node. I have not tried it yet, but I think I'll spend a few hours studying.
I love the magic & history of magic! My favorites magicians - Dai Vernon, Max Malini, Fielding West, Michael Finney, Jeff Hobson, Bob Sheets, Nick Lewin, Harry Murphy, Dick Oslund- great showmen of magic!
Eugene_Chekhov@yahoo.com
Dick Oslund
View Profile
Inner circle
8357 Posts

Profile of Dick Oslund
Your most welcome!

When do Harry and I get to be on your list of favorite magicians??? (hee hee)
SNEAKY, UNDERHANDED, DEVIOUS,& SURREPTITIOUS ITINERANT MOUNTEBANK
Eugene Chekhov
View Profile
Elite user
~Magic~
453 Posts

You are already there!
Harry Murphy,Dick Oslund - I received your priceless advice by mail. And I'll tell you honestly translated them into my native language and made a note.
I know a lot about magic and tricks, about the theory of magic. But sometimes simple classic tricks can fooled me.)
I like when you tell about the theory of magic - how to present tricks, how to create your own style and script Smile
It is these small tips and memories that make magic magic!
The trick is just a secret.
Magic is life for us - through the prism of this art of illusions we look at the world, get new acquaintances, have fun and make this world a little BETTER.
I spend a lot of free concerts for sick children and disabled.
After the performance, I see hope in their eyes. And it's great!
Magic is life!
Smile
Eugene_Chekhov@yahoo.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Knots and loops » » Shoelace (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL