The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Back with a few vanishes (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

kenedho
View Profile
Regular user
192 Posts

Profile of kenedho
Hi guys,

Something I just came up with which, again, I hope would inspire someone coming up with new handling.

https://youtu.be/sQf6Wel0LtU

Kened

P.S. No, nothing like a 'triple coin' because that'd defeat my purpose of sharing these ideas.
Rick Holcombe
View Profile
Special user
624 Posts

Profile of Rick Holcombe
This is pretty interesting Kened.

I thought for sure you were doing your discrepant display, but on second viewing I don't think you are.

Hmmmmm...
tyler_rabbit
View Profile
Loyal user
286 Posts

Profile of tyler_rabbit
Very nice work!
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
9530 Posts

Profile of Mb217
Nicely done ken... Smile The serious belief you show in the magic truly comes through, that it is done unto you as you believe. It makes others believe that much more. Good job! Smile
*Check out my latest: Gifts From The Old Country: A Mini-Magic Book, MBs Mini-Lecture on Coin Magic, The MB Tanspo PLUS, MB's Morgan, Copper Silver INC, Double Trouble, FlySki, Crimp Change - REDUX!, and other fine magic at gumroad.com/mb217magic Smile

"Believe in YOU, and you will see the greatest magic that ever was." -Mb Smile
tonsofquestions
View Profile
Inner circle
1807 Posts

Profile of tonsofquestions
Ooh, very nice!
I also thought it was a mis-showing of the three coins in the beginning, but on second watch I think it was fair. No turtles either, right?

The first two times you "took" the coin, it felt kind of covered/unnatural, but I've still only got guesses where it went.
The third one was more apparent, but there's only so much you can do there, I suppose.

I can't help but wonder if it uses a similar method to this older post of yours: http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?topic=506848, though I never did get to see the explanation for it. (Hint, hint)
kenedho
View Profile
Regular user
192 Posts

Profile of kenedho
Thanks all. It actually took me a while to understand what you meant by discrepant display/mis-showing because I didn't do anything haha - I thought long and hard, 'what are they talking about?!' Oh magicians, even a natural handling seems so suspicious on tape...!

I am in the process of writing a book on some of my materials so I will not discuss methods on this forum. If and when I decide to give away some secrets on tape I will make it obvious, such as the 'discrepant display' (but I have made that video private now having been out there for enough time).

K.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Back with a few vanishes (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL