The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » What do you do once you've found the 4 aces (12 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
vernonscigar
View Profile
New user
21 Posts

Profile of vernonscigar
Quote:
On Sep 24, 2017, furmanmatt wrote:
Here is a routine I like performing after producing the aces-

https://youtu.be/FyUgxjMZbp8?t=3m12s

This is my absolute favorite version of this effect. Too many magicians make this a long, drawn out process with some kind of story. 3 selections and bam interwoven between the Aces, just how it should be! I've seen so many BAD handlings of this where magicians try to justify the use of Aces or the interlacing procedure or try to make it make sense or something. Come on, just get to the climax and MOVE ON. I think this was first published in Epilogue or Pabular as Autism Aces or similar, but man, this is the best version.
Bobby Forbes
View Profile
Inner circle
virginia beach, VA.
1569 Posts

Profile of Bobby Forbes
I’m really liking Ben Earl’s version of Christ Aces. Quick to the point from a shuffled deck. None of the usual spelling involved. Has a way different feel to it from the original. In his book “Less is more” he covers finding the aces in multiple ways and what to do with them once you’ve found them. Great book.
magicfish
View Profile
Inner circle
7016 Posts

Profile of magicfish
Floating Aces by Bruce Cervon.
Cameron Roat
View Profile
Special user
Michigan
728 Posts

Profile of Cameron Roat
I would do the best "four ace trick" I know... Ron Bauer Private Studies Series #21 "Brother Hamman's Final(ly) Aces." (Finding the four aces is actually phase one of the trick.)
pepka
View Profile
Inner circle
Uh, I'm the one on the right.
5041 Posts

Profile of pepka
I have 3 options...and if I'm performing casually for friends it usually goes one of 3 ways. A 3 trick set with the aces, twisting, Dr. Daley's and Phil Goldstein's Overture....which is a perfect follow up to those 2. Or I do Martin Nash's Vernash Aces, or if I was able to set up for it previously, I do Chris Kenner's Twister, which is like Twisting the aces meets Reset.
mlippo
View Profile
Inner circle
Trieste (Italy)
1227 Posts

Profile of mlippo
Quote:
On Oct 11, 2017, pepka wrote:
... A 3 trick set with the aces, twisting, Dr. Daley's and Phil Goldstein's Overture....which is a perfect follow up to those 2.

Pepka,

the three tricks you mentioned are classics, so I believe many of us use them in a sequence.
But personally I do Ouverture as the first one, since I believe t's the least strong of the three... apparently you end the routine with it ...
I'd like to know your reasoning behind this choice, please.

Thanks

Mark
warren
View Profile
Inner circle
uk
4166 Posts

Profile of warren
Quote:
On Oct 11, 2017, mlippo wrote:
Quote:
On Oct 11, 2017, pepka wrote:
... A 3 trick set with the aces, twisting, Dr. Daley's and Phil Goldstein's Overture....which is a perfect follow up to those 2.

Pepka,

the three tricks you mentioned are classics, so I believe many of us use them in a sequence.
But personally I do Ouverture as the first one, since I believe t's the least strong of the three... apparently you end the routine with it ...
I'd like to know your reasoning behind this choice, please.

Thanks

Mark

For me personally the closer would be Dr Daleys as you can't get stronger than the transpo in the spectators hands.
Harry Lorayne
View Profile
1926 - 2023
New York City
8558 Posts

Profile of Harry Lorayne
I can get a "little" stronger than that.
[email]harrylorayne@earthlink.net[/email]

http://www.harrylorayne.com
http://www.harryloraynemagic.com
warren
View Profile
Inner circle
uk
4166 Posts

Profile of warren
Haha I don't doubt that for a second Harry 😊but I was referring to the 3 trick set that pepka posted.
pepka
View Profile
Inner circle
Uh, I'm the one on the right.
5041 Posts

Profile of pepka
Well, after I do Twisting and Dr. Daley I explain that first we saw them turn over one at a time...then we saw them change places...now we do both at once...which is essentially what happens, they turn over AND change places. It's just what works for me.
mlippo
View Profile
Inner circle
Trieste (Italy)
1227 Posts

Profile of mlippo
Thanks Pepka.

Mark
warren
View Profile
Inner circle
uk
4166 Posts

Profile of warren
Quote:
On Oct 12, 2017, pepka wrote:
Well, after I do Twisting and Dr. Daley I explain that first we saw them turn over one at a time...then we saw them change places...now we do both at once...which is essentially what happens, they turn over AND change places. It's just what works for me.

In that context it makes sense, it shows how different we all are as I would open with it and then explain that perhaps it's confusing as the cards are turning over and changing places at the same time so allow me to slow it down...from there I would do twisting the aces and have Dr Daleys as the climax.
cfirwin3
View Profile
Loyal user
Rochester, New York
233 Posts

Profile of cfirwin3
I say, "it would be much easier for me to find them if they are in the deck like this (place them at different spots facing the wrong way)... but 4 times more difficult if the cards are all facing different ways (form of slop shuffle)." And then I resolve it with a Triumph presentation with the aces remaining face up. If I choose, I can use the slop shuffle to get one ahead for Out of This World and follow with that using one black ace and one red to start.
fybd88
View Profile
New user
34 Posts

Profile of fybd88
Quote:
On Sep 1, 2017, Harry Lorayne wrote:
Yes; on my "Best Ever" 4-vol. DVD set you'll find a few 4-ace effects/routines. Such as: HaLo Aces, Ace Revelation, 1-2-3-4 Aces, Faroed Aces, Spectator Cuts To Aces, Fantastic Ace Assembly, Rock And Roll Aces, To Catch An Ace #5, Four Ace Opener, Spectator Locates An Ace, HaLo Aces Again, Aces And Kings, Simplicity Aces, Color-Changing Aces, Apex Aces, Deal And Duck, Manipulative Aces, Take Me To Your Leader, Tag Along Aces, Lorayces. Enough to keep you busy for a while!!

Hello, Mr Lorayne, which trick do you usually do to close a act using mainly 4 aces. What do you consider a strong ending after producing, assembling or may be transforming the aces? More appreciated with some references. Thank you!
Harry Lorayne
View Profile
1926 - 2023
New York City
8558 Posts

Profile of Harry Lorayne
Varies according to my audience and according to their reaction(s). Interesting - just a week or so ago I was doing just that - mainly 4-ace items - for a pretty large close-up group, and - I closed with Card Shark & The Four Gamblers - which is not specifically a "4-ace" trick/routine although it sure has to do with the four aces. That left them all with "dropped jaws" - no way to have topped that with this particular audience.
[email]harrylorayne@earthlink.net[/email]

http://www.harrylorayne.com
http://www.harryloraynemagic.com
fybd88
View Profile
New user
34 Posts

Profile of fybd88
Quote:
On Feb 26, 2018, Harry Lorayne wrote:
Varies according to my audience and according to their reaction(s). Interesting - just a week or so ago I was doing just that - mainly 4-ace items - for a pretty large close-up group, and - I closed with Card Shark & The Four Gamblers - which is not specifically a "4-ace" trick/routine although it sure has to do with the four aces. That left them all with "dropped jaws" - no way to have topped that with this particular audience.

Thank you!
alan1003
View Profile
New user
7 Posts

Profile of alan1003
Dr.Daley or Maxi twist
sennheiser
View Profile
New user
Germany
68 Posts

Profile of sennheiser
It depends ...
if I produced it for some magician friends then I'm always trying to show something new with the 4 aces.
but for layman I always do John Carney's "Sanverted".
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » What do you do once you've found the 4 aces (12 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL