The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Ice cold acaan by ellusionist (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

aheller5
View Profile
Regular user
186 Posts

Profile of aheller5
Can someone review the trick Ice Cold ACAAN by ellusionist? is it worth getting/
AlexTheAlrightandOK
View Profile
New user
15 Posts

Profile of AlexTheAlrightandOK
It's only worth getting if you're willing to spend more money and time learning a required technique to perform Ice Cold faceup. Without the technique, the deck is not inspectable and you have to deal facedown.

While I have the biggest issue with the false advertising (the beginning of the trailer literally begins with "this performance was not setup in any way. what you see here is exactly what happens every time.") and even Lloyd Barnes himself came here on the forums and stated that they did it face up to "misdirect magicians"... (what I call "defrauding the consumer")... I decided to not harp on it anymore and instead achieve the skill necessary to do the trick as seen in the trailer (at the additional, but I think well worth it, cost).

I've also developed a couple of solutions to the problems with Ice Cold, such as trying to convince the spectator in a 1 on 1 setting that making them change their number one or two more times "makes it more fair" with something that not only makes it seem more random, but allows a second person to be involved as well if you wish. I've also streamlined the math into very easy to understand and memorizable expressions to allow for the math to be done VERY quickly.

The way I perform Ice Cold, leaving the deck on the table with a heavy deck protector on it while I perform other tricks, allows me to perform Impromptu CAAN right before Ice Cold and still get amazing reactions, because most of the trick is done before ever touching the well protected deck to do the reveal, which allows you to focus on the acting/patter.

If anyone would like to check out a powerpoint presentation I put together, "Colder Than Ice", let me know in a DM. It walks you through taking Ice Cold to a level even higher than the face up deal you see in the trailer. It also helps you decide on which s**** to purchase and learn.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Ice cold acaan by ellusionist (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL