The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Full deck oil and water (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Yehuda
View Profile
Elite user
413 Posts

Profile of Yehuda
Where is the earliest publication of an oil and water routine that ends with the whole deck separated?

Related Q: When is the earliest version of an oil and water routine where you let the spectator give the deck a shuffle and it still finishes with the deck separated?

Yehuda
Mike Powers
View Profile
Inner circle
Midwest
2986 Posts

Profile of Mike Powers
Allan Ackerman has a very nice routine that meets these requirements. The spec shuffles the deck. Then the magi removes 8 cards, four red and four black. An oil and water ensues. At the end the deck is also separated into reds and blacks.

The routine was originally in "Here's My Card" which is OOP. I'm not sure if it subsequently made it into other of Allan's publications.

Mike
Yehuda
View Profile
Elite user
413 Posts

Profile of Yehuda
Thanks Mike. Any other comments anyone?

Yehuda
Mary Mowder
View Profile
Inner circle
Sacramento / Elk Grove, CA
3662 Posts

Profile of Mary Mowder
I'm just going by my memory of the trick but If you trust the spectators shuffles , "Out of this Universe" does this with a little adjustment.

I don't know from first.

-Mary Mowder
Harry Lorayne
View Profile
1926 - 2023
New York City
8558 Posts

Profile of Harry Lorayne
I was wondering when someone (with knowledge!) would mention my Out Of This Universe - in which the spectator shuffles about five or six times, etc.
[email]harrylorayne@earthlink.net[/email]

http://www.harrylorayne.com
http://www.harryloraynemagic.com
marc_carrion
View Profile
Special user
638 Posts

Profile of marc_carrion
Isn't Out of this Universe an OOTW plot? meaning that the spectator separates the cards and at the end they had separated the colors? I have 'Impromptu OOTW' in Lorayne's 'My favorite Card Tricks'. I think the original question in this thread was about Oil and Water, so the colors would be showed to be mixed red/black/red/black/etc... and then as if per magic, they separate into red and blacks, but not with the spectator calling the colors.

Marc
Wordsworth
View Profile
Veteran user
324 Posts

Profile of Wordsworth
Quote:
On Nov 6, 2017, YRauch wrote:
Where is the earliest publication of an oil and water routine that ends with the whole deck separated?

Related Q: When is the earliest version of an oil and water routine where you let the spectator give the deck a shuffle and it still finishes with the deck separated?

Yehuda

It sounds like you're after something specific in a historical sense here. Is that the case? As in, the 'first' such routines? Or more: what are some good ones?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Full deck oil and water (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL