The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tenyo of Japan » » Rubik's magic (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

J M Talbot
View Profile
Inner circle
3058 Posts

Profile of J M Talbot
Fantasma has released some fun Rubik's themed magic effects for kids. Toy's R Us in Canada (I assume the same in U.S. ) has an 'exclusive' set. Picked one up yesterday on sale for $28 CAN (regular $40). It contains some cute effects but mainly got it for the Rubik's themed "Dice Bomb" and the Rubik's themed "Stars on Parade". If you are like me and enjoy variations on Tenyo classics might be worth a look. You can find the Dice Bomb sold individually on some sites as well but it was cheaper for me to buy the set. Some other neat items contained like a mini marked Rubik's deck of cards, Rubik's themed Grant's temple screen, etc.

http://ftp.toysrus.ca/product/index.jsp?productId=133767346#

Cheers,

John
Richard Kaufman
View Profile
Inner circle
2532 Posts

Profile of Richard Kaufman
Here's the instruction booklet for that set: https://www.sharperimage.com/si/pdf/manuals/206028.pdf
Richard Kaufman
View Profile
Inner circle
2532 Posts

Profile of Richard Kaufman
This item appears to be sold mostly in Canada, Australia, and New Zealand.
J M Talbot
View Profile
Inner circle
3058 Posts

Profile of J M Talbot
Interesting. Yes the instructions came as a nicely printed soft bound book.
J M Talbot
View Profile
Inner circle
3058 Posts

Profile of J M Talbot
The set is available (at a higher price) direct from Fantasma in the U.S.

http://www.fantasmamagic.com/index.php?r......id=14625
Killertweety
View Profile
Inner circle
Belgium (-Europe)
1457 Posts

Profile of Killertweety
VERY cool. How is the set quality wise, John? Shell, tube, box with doors ... made from cardboard, plastic, ... ?
J M Talbot
View Profile
Inner circle
3058 Posts

Profile of J M Talbot
The quality is good for a Kids magic set. The Dice Bomb is very good. Shell is so so (3 sided). Grant's temple Screen, although I will never use is very good. The "die box" is plastic but has no "slider" to make noise. I mainly bought for the Dice Bomb and Stars on Parade and both are very good quality. There is a Cube penetration that uses a gimmicked cube and a cardboard tube, could have been good but I don't think would fool anyone as presented in the set. I am hoping to pass on most of the items I don't want to a child to have some fun with.
Killertweety
View Profile
Inner circle
Belgium (-Europe)
1457 Posts

Profile of Killertweety
Thanks for the info John - much appreciated. I might buy a set if available in Europe (which still includes the U.K., for now that is Smile ) so I don't have to worry about customs.
If anyone knows a European seller please let me/us know - for now, unfortunately, I can't find any ... .
edshern
View Profile
Special user
957 Posts

Profile of edshern
My Bucket list included learning to solve the Rubik's Cube.
Then I found that while an 8 year old can figure it out,,,,,, I can't! Smile Smile Smile

I have since erased this from the 'Bucket List' and added learn to play Shuffleboard.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tenyo of Japan » » Rubik's magic (2 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL