The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Feedback on new mentalism effect (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Azrar
View Profile
New user
4 Posts

Profile of Azrar
Hi there,

I've come up with a new mentalism effect/routine which I believe is unique and pretty strong. I also think it may have commercial potential.

The basic synopsis is this: a 'reverse' (?) ESP test with 9 symbols. To test the ability of the spectator to transmit a thought. The kicker is - 5 cards and each card contains an equal number of multiple symbols! The mentalist turns his back while spectator shuffles the pack, turns over a single card and chooses a symbol. Then he/she shuffles the pack again and lays it down. In due course, without the spectator ever revealing or writing the thought of symbol down AND without the mentalist manipulating the cards i.e shuffling, sleights etc., the purely thought of symbol can be revealed.

I would greatly appreciate some feedback from experienced mentalists here. I can detail the effect in full via PM for any seasoned user who can spare a few minutes.

Thank you.
Mark Timon
View Profile
Special user
596 Posts

Profile of Mark Timon
The wheel was invented long time ago. A simple center tear or peek should have the same result.
Cervier
View Profile
Inner circle
France
1275 Posts

Profile of Cervier
Well, while I agree with Mark Timon that the principle was already used in card magic in the XVIIIth century and that there are countless tricks based on it, I disagree the effect would be the same wih a CT (that would require that the participant to write something down) or a peek (that would have other constraints this method, with its own flaws, has not).
"A friend is someone who know you well but loves you anyway" H. Lauwick
The Lynx Deck, http://jmmaries.free.fr/cervier/
Grapheeteez, on GooglePlay
Telemos the peek envelope, on SkywardMagic
Telemos en Francais sur TheMysteryStore
Azrar
View Profile
New user
4 Posts

Profile of Azrar
Quote:
On Nov 10, 2017, Mark Timon wrote:
The wheel was invented long time ago. A simple center tear or peek should have the same result.

Hi Mark, the main thrust of this effect is to not have the spectator reveal the symbol directly in any manner at all. I understand without the actual effect in detail it is hard to tell the specifics. Thanks for your reply.
Azrar
View Profile
New user
4 Posts

Profile of Azrar
Quote:
On Nov 10, 2017, Cervier wrote:
Well, while I agree with Mark Timon that the principle was already used in card magic in the XVIIIth century and that there are countless tricks based on it, I disagree the effect would be the same wih a CT (that would require that the participant to write something down) or a peek (that would have other constraints this method, with its own flaws, has not).

Cervier has very graciously had a lengthy exchange with me on PM about this effect and I want to publicly thank him for it.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Feedback on new mentalism effect (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL