The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Shuffled not Stirred » » Wallet for Aronson's "Past, Present, Future"? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

AlexanderG
View Profile
Veteran user
No more and no less than
366 Posts

Profile of AlexanderG
Could someone recommend a wallet for the finale of this routine (and therefore for S.A.'s "Fate")? Thanks.
JanForster
View Profile
Inner circle
Germany ... when not traveling...
4192 Posts

Profile of JanForster
May I suggest what I do? Apart an index for Fate ( I use for it Peter Scarlett's "Pimpernel Wallet" - http://www.peterscarlett.com/Magic_Suppl......gue.html -, which you can adjust/modify for your purpose or liking..) I think you are looking for an index for 12 playing cards? I use 14 cards (#30 - 43) and distribute them in pairs (7) in my pockets. As I wear always a jacket it is very easy... Smile Jan
Jan Forster
www.janforster.de
AlexanderG
View Profile
Veteran user
No more and no less than
366 Posts

Profile of AlexanderG
Thanks, Jan. My only hesitation is that I might need my pockets for other things... If you were to use a wallet, would you use the Pimpernel Wallet (I am not familiar with it - and it seems not to be available just now)? Or the Balducci/Kaps wallet: http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/S22162? Thanks.

Simon says a wallet for the last phase of PPF could also be used for "Fate", so I'm attracted by the idea of getting a wallet that would allow for either effect.
JanForster
View Profile
Inner circle
4192 Posts

Profile of JanForster
Yes, understand, still my favourite would be the Pimpernel. Jan
Jan Forster
www.janforster.de
The_MetalMaster
View Profile
Veteran user
Indiana
321 Posts

Profile of The_MetalMaster
Jan do you perform Fate with the Fate deck or do you use the Aronson Stack with a different way to select the card?
JanForster
View Profile
Inner circle
4192 Posts

Profile of JanForster
I use a full memorised deck and let the spectator deal the cards, one by one, and stop "anywhere" he wants. It is a sort of "force", but I get him always to stop within the bank of 12 cards I need. Easy and far more "freedom"... You have a few x-cards above the bank, let him start dealing while you explain what you want him to do. Once he understood he is already near the bank. Jan
Jan Forster
www.janforster.de
AlexanderG
View Profile
Veteran user
No more and no less than
366 Posts

Profile of AlexanderG
For similar and other ideas, see Aronson's _Simply Simon_, p. 268.

Jan, do you use Aronson's suggested 12 cards? Because they aren't sequential in the Aronson Stack, which is the one I believe you use.

And I always wonder/fear: what do you do if the participant just insists on dealing past the bank?

Alexander
rmorrell
View Profile
Loyal user
262 Posts

Profile of rmorrell
I use the first 12 cards of Mnemonica for this and basically have the 12 cards on top of the deck, add on two x cards and give it an in-faro, which then works like a Koran style deck meaning they can deal through 5 odd cards before my bank starts, and then I have 24 cards for them to stop, only tricky bit is because they need to deal face down I have to keep track of where the stack cards are, either the one they have just dealt or the one in their hand, or you can just mark the backs of the stack cards for easy reference. Then slide that card face down into your envelope and away you go. It gives them a bigger bank to stop in, and I have never had an issue, and it means I can do it from a regular deck without having to use the special fate deck.

I keep my charts indexed in either a Shogun type wallet or in an external index such as Tony Millers TMI and load the correct index into a normal card to wallet.
Rich Morrell
---
The Magician Blog
JanForster
View Profile
Inner circle
4192 Posts

Profile of JanForster
Quote:
On Feb 7, 2018, AlexanderG wrote:
For similar and other ideas, see Aronson's _Simply Simon_, p. 268.

Jan, do you use Aronson's suggested 12 cards? Because they aren't sequential in the Aronson Stack, which is the one I believe you use.

And I always wonder/fear: what do you do if the participant just insists on dealing past the bank?

Alexander

Yes, I use the Aronson Stack, # 8 to # 19. And as stated time ago, my charts look like torn out from a magazine, printed (on both sides) on 60 grams paper (laser). And I never had any problems that the spectator did not stop within the bank. And I have no fear at all... we can always jazz... if you think about it Smile. Jan
Jan Forster
www.janforster.de
JanForster
View Profile
Inner circle
4192 Posts

Profile of JanForster
Jan Forster
www.janforster.de
JanForster
View Profile
Inner circle
4192 Posts

Profile of JanForster
Jan Forster
www.janforster.de
AlexanderG
View Profile
Veteran user
No more and no less than
366 Posts

Profile of AlexanderG
Oh, right - thanks, Jan.
Waterloophai
View Profile
Inner circle
Belgium
1369 Posts

Profile of Waterloophai
Quote:
On Feb 7, 2018, JanForster wrote:
Samples:

If there is someone who looks a bit more carefully at the charts, they (possible) can see "a pattern" of the same card at certain charts.
If one prints the charts in black (=diamonds and hearts also in black) those patterns dissapear almost completely.
OK, you loose the color of the red cards but as a reward the "patterns" dissapear for 99%.
It's a personal choice what you prefer.

(try it with the same chart printed "normal" (black and red) and compare it with one that is printed fully black)
Those "patterns" depend on which (12) cards you use. With some cards it is more obvious than with other cards.
goochelen
View Profile
New user
Hexagonia
76 Posts

Profile of goochelen
Quote:
On Feb 8, 2018, Waterloophai wrote:
Quote:
On Feb 7, 2018, JanForster wrote:
Samples:

If there is someone who looks a bit more carefully at the charts, they (possible) can see "a pattern" of the same card at certain charts.
If one prints the charts in black (=diamonds and hearts also in black) those patterns dissapear almost completely.
OK, you loose the color of the red cards but as a reward the "patterns" dissapear for 99%.
It's a personal choice what you prefer.

(try it with the same chart printed "normal" (black and red) and compare it with one that is printed fully black)
Those "patterns" depend on which (12) cards you use. With some cards it is more obvious than with other cards.

Here are some samples to judge for yourself.

In my opinion the first table (with the "empty" symbols) makes pattern recognition even more difficult than the table next to it (symbols in black and "filled in").

Click here to view attached image.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Shuffled not Stirred » » Wallet for Aronson's "Past, Present, Future"? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL