The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Bookkeeping, Note-taking help (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

kippteacher1
View Profile
New user
34 Posts

Profile of kippteacher1
Hi,

I'm not even sure if this is the best place to post this question...Does anyone have any suggestions on bookkeeping/note-taking software or a system that they use that they can share? I am looking for some way to organize incoming calls, notes on those calls, ways to remember who called, when, what date they are looking for and the information they provided about their child's party (I perform solely at children's events, mostly <10 bday parties). I get calls most days from people who want information, many who say they will get back to me (about 50% do). If I'm available on that day, I don't know what system I should be using to remember their call, where they got my information from, etc. Basically, other than simply taking notes on each call, I have no way to organize this info.

Thanks!

Dave
PaulPosition
View Profile
New user
59 Posts

Profile of PaulPosition
Dominic Reyes, in his free "Approaching Magic Practice" e-book, makes a case for using Evernote for everything... I'm actually going to subscribe and test it now that you reminded me. Here's an excerpt:
Quote:
Evernote is a free service (with the option of premium features) that
allows you to capture anything. You can save your ideas, things you
like, things you hear, and things you see. You can sign up for it right
now at http://www.evernote.com
Your notes can be accessed anywhere - Evernote works with pretty
much every computer, phone and mobile device out there.
Best of all, you can find things fast - search by keyword, tag or even
printed and handwritten text inside images.
You can clip copies of webpages, store PDFs and files, make an audio
recording, store photos and images. The list of things you can put in
Evernote goes on and on. Basically, you can dump in everything you
want to keep and remember, and then find it again whenever and
wherever you need it.
You can store all your notes in a general inbox, or create notebooks,
full of notes on different topics.

He then goes on to describe, like, 20 ways it could help a magician (storing pictures of instruction booklets, contracts, pics of performance, whatever...)
Dominic's free ebook: http://themagiccafe.com/forums/viewtopic......orum=218
borderjs
View Profile
New user
51 Posts

Profile of borderjs
What Paul describes sounds very similar to just Microsoft's OneNote. I use it for my day job and for stuff at home. Has a mobile app etc. If you have the office suite already you would be good to go.
Gerry Walkowski
View Profile
Inner circle
1450 Posts

Profile of Gerry Walkowski
Maybe it's just me, but with all these systems out there, I still seem able to keep total control of things with just a simple Excel spreadsheet. Smile

Gerry
Russo
View Profile
Inner circle
So.California / Centl.Florida / retired Florida
1166 Posts

Profile of Russo
50'-70's used a file card box near telephone- at the call put down who-what-when where etc- all information I could get at the time- didn't have all the fancy electronic gadgets at the time - worked for me - still have all the cards (2000'+ ) with notes on how the show went -etc. Ralph
Donald Dunphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Victoria, BC, Canada
7565 Posts

Profile of Donald Dunphy
Here's a previous thread on this topic, from 2009. Although it's 8 years old, some of the ideas might be helpful.

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......forum=17

- Donald
Donald Dunphy is a Victoria Magician, British Columbia, Canada.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Bookkeeping, Note-taking help (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL