The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Where to find Fakini Billiard Balls (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
bkmeyer
View Profile
Regular user
Greenville, SC
119 Posts

Profile of bkmeyer
Thank you Bill and Dick. That sheds some light on the subject a bit. I did manage to find one outlet in Australia that has the bank. If you're curious, here's the website: http://www.autographball.com/contact/. I already ordered one for $33.

Bruce
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Those look a little large to fit in a hat, the ones I was discussing were 5 inches in diameter. I had to use plastic putty sold at the craft store to plug the slit for coins, and drilled a round hole with a door knob hole maker, about 2 inches in size. All I had to do was paint the putty slit white.
bkmeyer
View Profile
Regular user
Greenville, SC
119 Posts

Profile of bkmeyer
It might be too big for a hat (170mm or 6.69 inches) but I'm taking a chance at this point. I can't find any other options. Thanks, Bill, for the specs on the hole.
johnsterlini
View Profile
New user
76 Posts

Profile of johnsterlini
Quote:
On Apr 29, 2018, Yarden_Aviv wrote:
Quote:
On Jan 17, 2018, johnsterlini wrote:
The Bond Lee 2" balls are now available, white and red. (white are currently sold out, more stock coming in soon)
$110 intro priced for 4B/2S sets
As a 30+ year user of another American made brand, I can honestly say I prefer these and have switched over.
The biggest difference to me is the fit of the shells-2 completely cover a ball, no gaps
You will not be disappointed

Will the Bond Lee 2” balls be available through Murphy’s Magic dealers?

No, we carry them exclusively.
NEKKODDD
View Profile
New user
100 Posts

Profile of NEKKODDD
I still think the old Fakinis are the best.
kcbeave
View Profile
Regular user
119 Posts

Profile of kcbeave
Murphy's does have the 2" Bond Lee
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Quote:
On Mar 23, 2019, NEKKODDD wrote:
I still think the old Fakinis are the best.

Would love to see your routine you have developed with the Fakini Billiard Balls set.

My opinion is they are way to heavy. You have to keep you hands, fingers, and arms, strong to work with them.

I guess you can keep track of magicians who pass away and see if they left behind a set of Fakini balls. Really no sense in advising a product that is no longer available. Doesn't look like the family has any desire to keep the business going.

I dislike used magic props like the Falini balls, as most magicians do not keep their props in good condition.
Dave Scribner
View Profile
Assistant Manager
Lake Hopatcong, NJ
4854 Posts

Profile of Dave Scribner
I use the 2" fakini balls in my act all the time and never thought about them being too heavy. I wouldn't consider my hand, fingers arms strong although with the full set of balls (3 balls and a shell) they are a little difficult to handle but with practice, you can overcome any discomfort.

The fakini line is no longer being made so best bet is to look for used but as Bill said, many magicians don't know how to keep them or restore them to good condition.
Where the magic begins
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24314 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
Quote:
On Jan 30, 2018, Bill Hegbli wrote:
As far as I know Fakini's were 1.75. Bond Lee is 1.7. So that is a difference of .05.

Fakini made billiard ball sets in many sizes. I recall seeing a set made for Frank Garcia that were 2 1/4" in diameter. When he was doing the convention circuit, Fakini would have a display that consisted of a large wire spike, something like a bill spike, with a tower of (mostly( billiard balls from the largest to the smallest he offered.

It was quite impressive.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
24314 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
Your units are wrong. 1.9 MM (sic) is roughly 1/16 of an inch. 2.4 MM (sic) is roughly 3/32 of an inch.

Quote:
On Jan 31, 2018, johnsterlini wrote:
Danaruns-
Regarding the comments on the shells, this is not necessarily true. I have several Fakini shells and they vary from 1.9MM to 2.4MM and the BL are 2.2MM.

For advanced moves like 1 to 4, etc, having a ball stick in the shell is not favorable. Personally, I think the fit of the ball to shell is perfect. Also, two shells fit around a ball perfectly - no gaps like on the Fakini's. If you put 2 shells on a Fakini ball, you will have almost a 1/4" gap, not ideal for multiple shell routines.

With that being said, if a tighter fit is desired, it is a simple fix - super glue will hold it well.

Kidding, add a small piece/pieces of tape to the inside of the shell along the edge until you get the feel you like. Many have added felt tabs, etc to Fakini (and other) shells to enable the ball not to stick as securely.

Hope this helps
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
24314 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
Good luck on that. Tannen's will tell you one thing over the phone and send you something else. And settling a dispute with them is like trying to take a case before the Supreme Court. Once Irv passed away, you had to deal directly with Tony Spina to get an honest deal with them.

Quote:
On Apr 28, 2018, Bill Hegbli wrote:
Just discovered on browsing, that Tannen's Magic lists Fakini Balls in 1-3/4 inch size. All are sold separately. I would check by telephone if possible, as Tannen's have been known to substitute other brands for e one you are actually ordering. They made this qualifying notice many years ago. So buyer be ware and pay on PayPal or credit card that will handle a dispute.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

Brad Jeffers
View Profile
Veteran user
376 Posts

Profile of Brad Jeffers
Steven's Magic has a few sets of Fakinis for sale.
Brian Roberts
View Profile
Regular user
Georgia
200 Posts

Profile of Brian Roberts
Was very happy to see that Stevens had a few sets for sale. I purchased the green 21/8” and look forward to using them. I have a few other Fakini sets that I purchased many years ago and they really are prized possessions amongst my props. Someday I hope to give the newer brands a try.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Where to find Fakini Billiard Balls (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL