The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Right or Wrong? » » Best customer service award (6 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Thomas Walter
View Profile
Special user
Well, it is strange that at my age, I certanly should have more than
528 Posts

Profile of Thomas Walter
I found the post 'Worst customer service award' and thought we could start a positive one!

And my best rekommendations goes to Rainer and Thomas at Paralabs.
I ordered from them, FedEx lost the package, and even if it was not Rainer and Thomas fault, I got a new package, promptly, and a generous compensation!

Thank You very much guys!

This was indeed a very good start on 2018
mandrax
View Profile
New user
Montreal, Canada
48 Posts

Profile of mandrax
For me it's penguin magic. Bought a lot from them, and sometimes in the last 12 years some orders never arrived or something was missing. they ALLWAYS take care of me and they do it FAST.
Mad Jake
View Profile
Inner circle
All the voices in my head helped me make
2202 Posts

Profile of Mad Jake
Penguin has great service now. One thing they did that I thought was the cat's meow. I received an email with a link that said "Your Order". it linked me to a video
of my order being packed and sealed. Who ever thought of that should get a raise. Great idea.

Many thanks to Paul Gross and his crew for great service this past week. I ordered late at night and the next morning received a shipping notice. I love shopping with
HP.

Kudos to John Mendoza, Joe Long, and Gabe at Potter & Potter oh, and last but no way least Alexia at Owen's Magic Supreme, she is quick to answer any questions
and make Sure your order is filled as quickly as possible.
Licensed Steve Dusheck Manufacturer and distributor visit www.airshipmagic.com
Chollet
View Profile
Regular user
Don't be fooled by the fact I only have
191 Posts

Profile of Chollet
I just ordered several items from Mad Hatter Magic shop, and was extremely impressed with their customer service. Their website was experiencing some issues, so I made the order by phone on a Friday. Today (Monday), everyting arrived well packed and ready to use. Super friendly, great pricing and they are a B&M store as well.

I've also had some good luck with an eBay store called TripOnMagic.

And, last but not lease, Penguin does a fine job!
453rob
View Profile
Regular user
114 Posts

Profile of 453rob
I have had great experiences here in Canada with (in no particular order), Alakazam, Saturn, Penguin, Steven's and Vanishing Rabbit in Canada and best of all Jeff Stone. All of these were very quick to reply to any questions either by phone or email. Steven's even sent a bonus DVD to make up for an item that they had forgotten to pack.

Magic and Such is a whole different story. I recently, about three weeks ago, ordered about $100 worth of tricks and have not received any communication from them after three phone calls and two emails. Not impressed. I still have no idea if my order is actually on its way.
Adam Meier
View Profile
Regular user
136 Posts

Profile of Adam Meier
I second Penguin, but also Craig at Promystic. Great guy and fantastic service.
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5194 Posts

Profile of landmark
Never had a problem with Penguin or Vanishing Inc. Both ship to NYC quite quickly.
Adam Meier
View Profile
Regular user
136 Posts

Profile of Adam Meier
Quote:
On Jul 1, 2018, landmark wrote:
Never had a problem with Penguin or Vanishing Inc. Both ship to NYC quite quickly.

I agree, but I wonder if Penguin have changed delivery service? It sometimes takes double time before the package arrives now then just a few months ago. But still great service from Penguin.

I live in Germany by the way.
psychod
View Profile
Loyal user
I may not be a millionaire but at least I have
247 Posts

Profile of psychod
I have to comment on a recent experience with Craig from Promystic. I purchased Color Match Pocket at Magic Live but when I got home, I was typing in the wrong address for instructions. I commented on this on the Promystic site and within a few hours, Craig got in touch with me, gave me the correct address, and apologized. The quality of his products alone would cause me to recommend Promystic but when you factor in the customer service, I would have absolutely no concerns about recommending Craig to anyone. Yes, his stuff isn't inexpensive but you get a quality product and quality support so I consider it a great deal!

Dave
Just adding my 3 cents worth because anybody can add their 2 cents worth...
tmacka
View Profile
New user
8 Posts

Profile of tmacka
Craig from Promystic is amazing. He arranged for some items to be posted to me while I was visiting the USA for a week and responded to every email incredibly quickly. All the products are the highest quality and customer service is wonderful.
stempleton
View Profile
Inner circle
1443 Posts

Profile of stempleton
I'm so confused about the differences of opinions regarding Promystic. Those who have expressed their bad experiences have kept me away more than once from purchasing. I see that newer members are giving better reviews. I've been so disgusted with dealers in general I've moved to making purchases from fellow magicians/developers these days, and seem to have gotten much better service.
danaruns
View Profile
Special user
The City of Angels
808 Posts

Profile of danaruns
I have to recommend Christian Schenk at Card Shark. Incredible service, and I can't count the number of times he has made special things for me.

Just as good is Lupe Nielsen and Nielsen Magic.
"Dana Douglas is the greatest magician alive. Plus, I'm drunk." -- Foster Brooks
Lseeyou
View Profile
Inner circle
1271 Posts

Profile of Lseeyou
My votes:

1. Propdog UK - www.propdog.co.uk
2. Saturn Magic UK - www.saturnmagic.co.uk
3. Penguin Magic US - www.penguinmagic.com

Smile my experience Smile
skoldpadda
View Profile
New user
Indiana
70 Posts

Profile of skoldpadda
Quote:
On Apr 7, 2018, Mad Jake wrote:
Penguin has great service now. One thing they did that I thought was the cat's meow. I received an email with a link that said "Your Order". it linked me to a video
of my order being packed and sealed. Who ever thought of that should get a raise. Great idea.

Many thanks to Paul Gross and his crew for great service this past week. I ordered late at night and the next morning received a shipping notice. I love shopping with
HP.

Kudos to John Mendoza, Joe Long, and Gabe at Potter & Potter oh, and last but no way least Alexia at Owen's Magic Supreme, she is quick to answer any questions
and make Sure your order is filled as quickly as possible.

One of my first orders ever was their Santa packing my order recently! Fantastic little idea on their part.
stempleton
View Profile
Inner circle
1443 Posts

Profile of stempleton
I also would like to add Trick Supply to the list. I know that many of us were soured on Hank Lee back in the day, and with good reason. Wolfgang purchased much of Hank's inventory and began Trick Supply, and I have had nothing but positive experiences. My orders from him (California) have hit my doorstep (NC) in 2-3 days, even when choosing the slowest mail option (and, by the way, I appreciate the cheaper option.) The free shipping on orders over $99 arrive just as quickly. In my time as a customer I have only had one problem (a producer not including a part) and Wolfgang contacted the manufacturer and had it shipped almost immediately. He offers real time inventory on his website, which is easy to navigate. Definitely recommended.
bluesmagic
View Profile
Loyal user
245 Posts

Profile of bluesmagic
I posted this in the wrong place (maybe they'll dlete it there). Anyway I'm only a hobbyist but I have a moral need to speak out about a great magician with great customer service who is not with us anymore: Daryl Easton. You can only realize how much bad there is in some people when you know the good people.

A couple of years ago I made an order on his site. Nothing special, just fun items for a hobbyist like me who adores Daryl. The cost was like 35-40 dollars (can't remember exactly). The thing is that my inexperience ordering oversea at the time (I'm from Italy) made me think that my package might be lost or something after like 10-12 days of waiting. Now I know that's normal. So I contacted Daryl by email and he responded very quickly. He said he was sorry for the trouble and that he'ld send me another package with a LITTLE extra goodies for the trouble I had.
So he did and I received that package with the extras. You won't believe me but he sent me about $175 of his magic!!! I immediately sent him an email telling him that if I happened to also recieve the first one I would send it back to him. I was very touched by him giving me all that stuff for free which I still have in that same box he sent me and I keep it with love and care.
After a while I also received the first order (about a month and a half or something like that after shipping) and I sent it back to him.
When I told him that I didn't expect that the LITTLE something he gave me for free was going to be about $175 of stuff he said "Enjoy the goodies, my friend, I can tell that you love the Art" (I recall something like that and he only knew me by email).

I still think about this every now and then! What a man!
As you can see there are beautiful people in the magic community (or should I say there were?) but we're losing a lot of them sadly.
Sorry if I'm off topic but I don't know where to write this and it's something I had on my mind for some years now.
This is an example of more than the best customer service!
Love for Daryl!
bluesmagic
View Profile
Loyal user
245 Posts

Profile of bluesmagic
It was more than a couple of years (time flies). It was like 5 years ago and the money I was talking about was in Euros not Dollars.
longhaired1
View Profile
Veteran user
Salida
316 Posts

Profile of longhaired1
Top Hat Magic in Las Vegas. Outstanding customer service. I arrived in Vegas to perform at Jeff McBrides Wonderground and discovered I was missing some critical diamond cut silks. Mike personally delivered what I needed right to the gig and really saved my skin. They really went above and beyond.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21263 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
I have to put my vote in for Frank at The Ambitious Card.

I ordered some things from him and had about a billion specifications and questions. Not all of them great ones.

Oh well first off I wrote to him BEFORE I bought anything as a potential customer. A day and a half later he apologized because the email went to his spam folder, yet it was ONLY A DAY AND A HALF! I was not even close to worried about the time.

Then I go through the web page and buy the stuff and forgot to ask about shipping time. By the time I think to write and ask he writes back and says it is already shipped!

Service way above and well beyond the call. He is a member here also and a heck of a nice guy. If you need leather things made, they are great and the service is wonderful.

http://www.theambitiouscard.com/index.cfm
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
Nat
View Profile
Special user
566 Posts

Profile of Nat
Two of the best customer service awards: Robert Baxt and Dirk Losander - both went the extra mile to get packages to me -- quick, efficient and as promised! Couldn't be better!

Thank you Thank you Robert and Dirk!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Right or Wrong? » » Best customer service award (6 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL