The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » Busking New Orleans (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

drmolarmagic
View Profile
Regular user
Brooklyn NY
168 Posts

Profile of drmolarmagic
Hi everyone,
I'll be travelling and spending a day in New Orleans, I know they have a history of being Busker friendly, is that still the case?
thx
Bruce
thomasR
View Profile
Inner circle
1189 Posts

Profile of thomasR
When I was in New Orleans about a year ago there were lots of Buskers out around the Cathedral square. Over the course of 3 days I saw a wonderful Cyr Wheel Acrobat, a juggler / rolla bolla act, and at least 6 different magicians. Almost all of the magicians were doing a variation of the same thing and it looked like several of them were working together and trading out certain spots.

There is also a jazz band that performs and hangs out regularly by the cathedral. And a large acrobat group that does huge circle type shows on the sidewalk across the street from the cathedral square, near Café du Monde. (I'm surprised the acrobats have not been shut down as they do block the entire sidewalk for the performance pretty much.

I should note that I was there in an off season and all of these buskers were out.
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2889 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
I could never busk New Orleans, I barely manage the pizza place on Thayer Street!
"...and if you're too afraid of goin' astray, you won't go anywhere." - Granny Weatherwax
Zauberman
View Profile
Veteran user
316 Posts

Profile of Zauberman
Ed, I reckon you'd probably do much better in New Orleans than you think. Thayer St. is probably much harder to realistic work and learn.
technologhee
View Profile
New user
6 Posts

Profile of technologhee
I visited New Orleans two weeks ago and caught an amazing lineup of performers! Many greats performed one after another. My highlight was when Gazzo appeared after I thought I saw it all. Fun Day!
whocares
View Profile
New user
9 Posts

Profile of whocares
If you caught Gazzo there, that would have been a treat. His cups and balls is awesome. I took his Master Class in cups and balls years ago, and loved doing it.

Lot of fun entertainers on Jackson Square. Jugglers, unicycle rider, acrobats, and magicians. Bone readers and fortune tellers.... Painters, all kinds of acts

Fun to watch. More fun, good foot traffic after a Saints football game ends, setting up a pitch, drawing a crowd and performing.

David
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » Busking New Orleans (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL