The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Grab Bag by Rick Lax (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
dooblehorn
View Profile
Inner circle
Pittsburg, CA
2482 Posts

Profile of dooblehorn
This sounded interesting, until I looked at reviews and noticed they all are 5 star within a very short period of time...seems a bit fishy...
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Quote:
On Feb 20, 2018, Marc O wrote:
To bad the shipping cost is either 14,30 or even 27,90 to the Netherlands.
If this would have been a free flat pack then I would definitely give these bags a try.

Prop dog sell their own version for a fraction of the price and they’re U.K. based.
1KJ
View Profile
Inner circle
Warning: We will run out of new tricks in
4388 Posts

Profile of 1KJ
This would have been better as part of a booklet with multiple effect. It uses a force bag that most magicians already have. the effect is not bad, but you are buying something you probably already have (force bag).

KJ
randirain
View Profile
Inner circle
Fort Worth, TX
1650 Posts

Profile of randirain
I'm thinking "Toss O** deck" method. It would work.

Randi
1KJ
View Profile
Inner circle
4388 Posts

Profile of 1KJ
Quote:
On Feb 24, 2018, randirain wrote:
I'm thinking "Toss O** deck" method. It would work.

Randi

Hi, Randi. I don't know if this is already on the market, but I use a clear force bag made of two ziplock bags. They could certainly be used in the "tossed O** deck" principle, with this effect. The bag I use allows me to "zip" either side shut, so the bag could be handed out to participants to reach in, take a penny, and pass the bag to the next person.

One more thought. I think this routine would lend itself well to do along with a routine like "Pennies" by Giovanni Livera.

KJ
1KJ
View Profile
Inner circle
4388 Posts

Profile of 1KJ
BTW, the force bag above is something that I make.
jljones83
View Profile
New user
LA, CA
90 Posts

Profile of jljones83
5 Stars reviews are super common at Penguin. They blast out review copies for free, and those mostly get 5 star reviews.
kcbeave
View Profile
Regular user
119 Posts

Profile of kcbeave
If the video was of a straight up performance, 75% of the people watching would replay it till they figured it out and then make it themselves. That is the main reason videos are done the way they are

Quote:
On Feb 19, 2018, Expertmagician wrote:
Time for me to bit*ch and moan again.....

I am amazed again that people try to sell an effect by showing audience reaction and "talking" through the effect which can hide many evils relating to the effects quality.

Why is it so hard to simply have a straight through performance without all the flash and audience reaction (which no one believes).

Let's have a performance demo like it would be done in a live magic store, magic convention, dealer demo, magic lecture, etc.
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18807 Posts

Profile of IAIN
Quote:
On Feb 26, 2018, 1KJ wrote:
BTW, the force bag above is something that I make.

Raymond carlyle makes them and has done for decades. His has an extra function too.
I've asked to be banned
dooblehorn
View Profile
Inner circle
Pittsburg, CA
2482 Posts

Profile of dooblehorn
Kaliix
View Profile
Inner circle
Connecticut
1990 Posts

Profile of Kaliix
I'm sure Mr. Carlyle's bags are top quality. Are they worth $45??? I wouldn't pay that much. For $45, I could make my own and then some or by one much less expensively. That's what great about an open market though, everyone is free to buy and sell at the price of their choosing.

Quote:
The greatest obstacle to discovery is not ignorance; it is the illusion of knowledge.
~Daniel J. Boorstin
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18807 Posts

Profile of IAIN
If you read the blurb you'll see why they're worth it...
I've asked to be banned
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
Recovering Cafe addict with only
10798 Posts

Profile of saysold1
Raymond Carlyle’s Force bags are tops.

I’ve used for years. Pros don’t mind spending for pro tools.

Haven’t seen Ricks but I love Ray’s as they do have that one groovy extra feature.
Creator of The SvenPad Supreme(R) line of aerospace level quality, made in the USA utility props. https://svenpads.com/
Kaliix
View Profile
Inner circle
Connecticut
1990 Posts

Profile of Kaliix
True enough, and a Pro I am not. I see your point, particularly if one is using this several times a week, $45 is nothing for a quality prop.

Quote:
On Apr 10, 2019, saysold1 wrote:
Raymond Carlyle’s Force bags are tops.

I’ve used for years. Pros don’t mind spending for pro tools.

Haven’t seen Ricks but I love Ray’s as they do have that one groovy extra feature.
The greatest obstacle to discovery is not ignorance; it is the illusion of knowledge.
~Daniel J. Boorstin
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Grab Bag by Rick Lax (2 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL