The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All in the cards » » SCAANDAL by Adrian Vega (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

dduane
View Profile
Special user
Bridgewater, MA
784 Posts

Profile of dduane
Hi - just looked at Murphy's trailer, SCAANDAL by Adrian Vega. Just what we all need: another ACAAN. However, this looks interesting, I must say. The description says:
- Super easy effect to perform
- Nothing ever palmed, hands are completely clean the entire time
- The spectator freely handles the deck and knows it consists of 52 cards
- Only one prediction made
- Can be done as an Open Prediction or in any other creative way you want - social media, tattoos, etc.
- Spectator does the hard work for you
- Comes ready to perform out of the box

IF the trailer is honest, then it's a completely hands-off version. I do a similar effect with "The Impossible Opener" that I learned so long ago that I don't remember the source. It can be done with a blank deck or regular deck - no gimmicks and very close to hands-off.

SCAANDAL is a pre-order, so I'll wait for reviews. Check it out on Murphy's page. ---D.
dduane
View Profile
Special user
Bridgewater, MA
784 Posts

Profile of dduane
Just to clarify... The Impossible Opener has no gimmicks -- SCAANDAL has a gimmick. Both must be dealt face down. --D.
rowdymagi5
View Profile
Inner circle
Virginia
3624 Posts

Profile of rowdymagi5
Looks very good!
paperinick
View Profile
Inner circle
my faro is starting to look nice after
1177 Posts

Profile of paperinick
The impossible opener is by Doc Eason (I am not that knowledgeable, I just have Google-fu skills Smile ). Very similar effect, but SCAANDAL seems very streamlined...
I do not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death my right to say "scr*w you" if you persist. [Voltaire Smile]
krowboom
View Profile
Loyal user
Chicago area
233 Posts

Profile of krowboom
Impossible opener is no where near "hands-off".
Nick-V.
View Profile
Special user
Create and Devastate
817 Posts

Profile of Nick-V.
Quote:
On Feb 5, 2018, dduane wrote:
I'll wait for reviews.

Same here.
Looks pretty good so far.
He does take back the deck after she deals out the cards.
Not a big deal though especially IF the spec can ALWAYS deal right out of the box themselves with no funny moves as seen in the video. I hope so.
Major Plus if the spec can always deal cleanly right out of the box.

I have been doing something very similar for years and the deck can be fully examined.
Not sure if that is the case here.
If so, cheers. He may be onto to something utilizing the entire range of 1-52 choice.

Reviews welcomed.
Peace on the Magical Streets
~Nick V.~
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All in the cards » » SCAANDAL by Adrian Vega (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL