The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Dubious Chop Cup on eBay (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Douglas.M
View Profile
Elite user
465 Posts

Profile of Douglas.M
There is a small chop cup for sale on eBay for $89.00. It is being described as made of brass and made in the USA. The manufacturer is not noted but it sure looks to me like a Magic Makers "Collectors Brass Chop Cup", which normally sells for $48 to $58 dollars. Magic Makers Web site does not indicate that it is made in the USA (I am guessing China).
Huzzah
View Profile
New user
53 Posts

Profile of Huzzah
Have you tried messaging the seller for more details?
Wizard of Oz
View Profile
Inner circle
Most people wish I didn't have
5155 Posts

Profile of Wizard of Oz
If you will be using the cup regularly, it's a prop that you shouldn't cheat yourself on. Go through a reputable dealer like Rings-N-Things ( https://www.rnt2.com/cups/chop-cups ). Donnie stands by his products and his cups are stunning.

Don't waste your money on inferior products. You're worth more.
Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.
Mad Jake
View Profile
Inner circle
All the voices in my head helped me make
2202 Posts

Profile of Mad Jake
I have one of these cups. They were designed by a Café Member over a decade ago by the name of Rik Brooks. The cup is a solid worker cup and won't tip over easy. I believe Rik had them CNC'd and yes they were made in the USA.
15 years ago they were selling for 59.99. Rik had sent me one for Christmas one year.

The only draw back about this cup is the weight if you are going to carry it in your jacket pocket for strolling. You're better off with a Mini Don Alan from RNT2, and the Mini Don Alan holds a golfball size load where as this cup won't.

Jake Sr.
Licensed Steve Dusheck Manufacturer and distributor visit www.airshipmagic.com
Mad Jake
View Profile
Inner circle
All the voices in my head helped me make
2202 Posts

Profile of Mad Jake
Here's one for a reasonable price..

www.mjmmagic.com/store/collectors-chop-c......914.html
Licensed Steve Dusheck Manufacturer and distributor visit www.airshipmagic.com
Why.So.Serious?
View Profile
New user
49 Posts

Profile of Why.So.Serious?
I think it too heavy for being that small.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Dubious Chop Cup on eBay (2 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL