The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Draven Reviews: Swiss Army by Brandon David & Chris Turchi (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

William Draven
View Profile
Elite user
Las Vegas, NV
486 Posts

Profile of William Draven
Title: Project Swiss Army
Artist: Brandon David & Chris Turchi
Producers: Murphy’s Magic
Link: Available At Your Favorite Murphy’s Magic Dealer
Demo Video Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qJC2Dt8FLzo
Retail Price: $34.95 USD
Learning Difficulty: Easy
Length of Video: 1:04:00

The video got my hyped about this product. Looks like a utility device for card magic. Flipping signed card from the deck, pulling selected cards strait out of a sealed deck box, stripping the four aces out in one motion, and that looks like it’s just the tip of the iceberg. Murphy’s got my attention, and I took the bait. I was not disappointed.

The product once received comes packaged in a neat little red box with a link to the online video instructions printed on the inside. The gimmick is made into a deck of cards, with a built-in gimmick on the box as well. The box gimmick alone is worth the price of admission. I have so many ideas for how to use it, and some of those don’t involve this particular deck at all.

This deck is amazing. It can perform a lot of really neat visual tricks but buyer beware, this deck isn’t going to work for every card trick. Due to the nature of the deck it lends itself well to certain routines while other routines wouldn’t be feasible. I can’t go into any more details without blowing the gaff, but you’ll understand once you get the deck in your hands.

The tutorial video is long. Just over an hour in total length, but very well instructed. A lot of really neat ideas are discussed and they really show the power and versatility of this deck. I love a good utility device, and I talk about it all the time in my reviews. I really liked this one.

The cards handle smoothly and performing the kind of tricks you see in the video is a breeze. The brilliant thing about utility tricks like this is the amount of creativity they inspire. I’m sure people are going to come up with some crazy uses for this deck that Brandon and Chris never even thought of. Overall I think it’s a neat concept and it’s fun to play with.

When I give my product scores below I am measuring them on a scale of 1 to 10. 1 Being absolute the worst score possible, and 10 being the absolute best, making a score of five average. The three points that I grade upon is Product Quality, Teaching Quality, and Overall Quality.

Product Quality: 6
Utility deck, and neat box, but I have to deck switch for my other card work.

Teaching Quality: 7
Good video! Well made.

Overall Quality: 7
Fun deck and neat ideas!

Do you have a product you want reviewed? Want to see if it will stand up to the Draven Seal of Approval? Contact me directly at thewilliamdraven@gmail.com to find out how your product could be on the next Draven Reviews! Don't forget to like my blog where all my reviews are posted at www.williamdraven.wordpress.com.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Draven Reviews: Swiss Army by Brandon David & Chris Turchi (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL