The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Good News! » » Giveaways for Gospel Show (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

magicman812
View Profile
Regular user
121 Posts

Profile of magicman812
Does anyone have any ideas for giveaways for children attending a gospel magic show? The giveaways could be something fun and magic related, or evangelistic (or both). Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Andy
MagicBus
View Profile
Inner circle
Kalamazoo, Michigan
2869 Posts

Profile of MagicBus
For Sunday School purposes- we often hand out all kinds of stuff purchased from www.OrientalTrading.com Just put "Bible" or "Sunday School" or "VBS" in their search box- hundreds of Bible based crafts will pop up. A pen where the Books of the Bible slide out of it are one such item. They also sell inexpensive magic tricks in bulk (put in "Vintage Magic Party" or "Abracadabra" in their search box as an example). I have given our Sunday School kids dozens of Oriental Trading Bible verse crafts to take home over the years.

On Easter Sunday mornings at Lighthouse Kids, we always have had a special time of songs, lessons, snacks and then games including egg hunts, ring toss, potato sack races, etc. Kinda like a giant kids party. Many of the game items we have used in the past can still be purchased through Oriental Trading.

This year (April 1, 2018), as I teach the older kids only Easter morning (3rd-4th graders who probably don't want to do another potato sack race again), I instead am going to teach these kids simple scarf juggling which can be taught in as little as 15 minutes. Can't wait! There are several tie ins to juggling and a Bible theme (the Bible helps us order our lives, etc.)- but I may skip that.

Lots of free examples of how to do scarf juggling on www.youtube.com Toledo Physical Education Supply in Toledo, Ohio sells the "Fun w/ Juggling Scarves" DVD for $19.99 and also sells juggling scarves in bulk.

But so too, www.OrientalTrading.com now sells "Easy-To-Juggle Scarves" for $9.99 per dozen- so all my kids this Easter will be able to take home with them 3 juggling scarves each along with a page of instructions I put together from various free sources on the web.

If you google "John 3:16 coin"- many examples will come up. I used to do a Miser's Dream routine using Ten Commandments coins- combined with the John deVries "Ten Commandment Center Tear" (available from www.gospelmagic.com ) - and the kids would all get a Ten Commandment coin to take home. Unfortunately, I don't believe www.livingwaters.com sells the inexpensive aluminum Ten Commandment coins anymore, but they still sell many excellent handouts like "The Million Dollar Bill Tract" or the "Kids' Easter Outreach Kit" which features tracts using "The Jastrow Illusion in Magic" (See www.StevensMagic.com for "The Jastrow Illusion in Magic - Prevos- Download for $10 for an entire treatise on this venerable boomerang trick).

I have also handed out many times to all the kids particularly after a magic trick involving money a "Gospel Money Jumbo" handout. These are also available from www.gospelmagic.com These clever giant Gospel message bills cost $15.00 for a package of 75. Great to "pay"/thank the kids with "big money!" after they are so attentive in watching one of my programs. I think this is better if all the kids in the audience at the end "get paid" with a giant bill, rather than just the select few kids who may have volunteered to assist in a trick or two. So that works if the children in the audience size is 75 or less (or you may have to buy another pack or two).

Hope that helps Smile
magicman812
View Profile
Regular user
121 Posts

Profile of magicman812
Thank you for all of that great information!!

Andy
Danny Kazam
View Profile
Inner circle
1516 Posts

Profile of Danny Kazam
I use to give out 10 Commandment coins. I'd also used them in my Miser's Dream Gospel message routine. You can buy them from here store.livingwaters.com/gospel-tracts/ten-commandments-coin.html
Keep your dreams alive. Understand to achieve anything requires faith and belief in yourself, vision, hard work, determination, and dedication. Remember all things are possible for those who believe.
MagicBus
View Profile
Inner circle
Kalamazoo, Michigan
2869 Posts

Profile of MagicBus
If looking for a non-magic hand out, the best I have found hands down is "Books of the Bible Activity Sets" for $13.99 for twelve of them from www.OrientalTrading.com
goodingda
View Profile
New user
56 Posts

Profile of goodingda
I give out giant dollar bills from Living Waters ministries. They have the Gospel written on them. You get 100 for $12.00. They are popular with kids and adults. Here's the link:
http://store.livingwaters.com/gospel-tra......act.html

Dave
MagicBus
View Profile
Inner circle
Kalamazoo, Michigan
2869 Posts

Profile of MagicBus
You can receive for free (donation requested) some wonderful Bible verse stamped metal coins to hand out during a magic show (such as with the Miser's Dream) or for evangelism from www.VillageMinistries.org or just Google "Village Ministry Coins". MagicBob gave this resource connection to former FCM President Del Wilson who spoke about using these coins at Del's "Hour of Power" presentation at the July 9 FCM convention in Indy. I was only there yesterday, the magic lectures were all absolutely outstanding. The church location venue was excellent also. Well done FCM convention planners!
MagicBus
View Profile
Inner circle
Kalamazoo, Michigan
2869 Posts

Profile of MagicBus
I just read in the August 2018 Village Ministries International newsletter 417,663 of the "Gospel Coins" have been distributed. Wowsa
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Good News! » » Giveaways for Gospel Show (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL