The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Red Riser (16 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
Robert M
View Profile
Inner circle
2482 Posts

Profile of Robert M
Gee David... didn't you have a steam roller?!? Let's see it with that!!

I mean really.... what else can he do?!?

Please make sure the demo card goes to Pegasus. Smile

Robert
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
6750 Posts

Profile of videoman
The demo was done with Robert M's freebie card.
EZrhythm
View Profile
Inner circle
Only three EZ payments for a PDF of my
1855 Posts

Profile of EZrhythm
I've never had a gimmick go under the tires of a Mercedes or get repeatedly slammed up om some brick or concrete. Could you please video your carrying around and performance use of the gimmick for about 400 events? Smile

No? I should go and do what?

Okay, well,

David- Thanks for taking the time to show us that demonstration.
How many magicians does it take to change a lightbulb? Regardless, for magicians darkness is a time for d'lite.
EZrhythm
View Profile
Inner circle
Only three EZ payments for a PDF of my
1855 Posts

Profile of EZrhythm
Quote:
On Mar 31, 2018, videoman wrote:
The demo was done with Robert M's freebie car.

There, fixed it for you, Robert.
How many magicians does it take to change a lightbulb? Regardless, for magicians darkness is a time for d'lite.
davidredfearn
View Profile
Regular user
London
196 Posts

Profile of davidredfearn
Quote:
On Apr 1, 2018, Robert M wrote:

Robert

I was going to drag it with my helicopter, but that's taking it a bit far!
DR
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Quote:
On Apr 1, 2018, Robert M wrote:

Robert

Haha Robert. And I thought we were friends. Lol.
Robert M
View Profile
Inner circle
2482 Posts

Profile of Robert M
We are. Very funny guys. Smile

Robert
davidredfearn
View Profile
Regular user
London
196 Posts

Profile of davidredfearn
Red Riser received some great feedback last night at The Magic Circle. If you ever want to try it in real time, let me know, and I'll bring some along if I'm free.
Best DR
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Many people have made the moving pip cards over the years. I myself made a couple, it is very tedious work. I feel sorry for the person making them. They are expensive simply because, no one works for 5 cents an hour any more.

The problem I found is trying to find an IT that will not stretch with use, as well as the card itself will wear at the pip points. I don't think any moving pip card will be useful after a short number of uses, as the pips will no longer line up after the move. That is why I gave up on this idea, and making them 10 years ago.

I doubt that they would be any cheaper having them made in Taiwan or china, as they only have one person do an assemble task each.

I believe it was Kovari that made a Jumbo moving pip card that was mechanical, but it was made for stage presentations.

In answer to some early question about visibility. This prop is for comedy and laughs, not taken as a real magic effect. It simply proves that the magician "knew the value of the "selected card".

Would be great to hear from those that operated it 10 or more times, in any presentation setting, that will tell you how durable it is, not rolling a car tire over it.
davidredfearn
View Profile
Regular user
London
196 Posts

Profile of davidredfearn
Bill, these are problems you've encountered. I didn't give up. That was your decision. Do you honestly believe, I could smash this card against a wall, and it wouldn't be useful after a short number of times in a presentation setting? Really!

You've never seen my card Bill. How do you even know I use thread?

It's as pointless me posting how long they last, and how durable Red Riser is, as you stating because you failed, everyone else will.

Only time and reviews will tell.

# 5 cents? I pay 3 cents and free accommodation.

DR
Smile
Robert M
View Profile
Inner circle
2482 Posts

Profile of Robert M
I got my Red Riser today.

It seems very sturdy to me. I've had a few moving pip cards over the years and this one really does seem to operate better and it's sturdier than the others I've had. I think I even had one made by Rob Bromley (?), but I could be wrong.

Anyway... I can tell this is going to last. The pip moves smoothly and in perfect alignment. I tried it a bunch of times.

Oh yeah... and the price was right! Smile Thanks again David. Very generous of you!

Robert
davidredfearn
View Profile
Regular user
London
196 Posts

Profile of davidredfearn
My pleasure Robert, thanks. Happy it made it safely to the USA, I pack them very securely, so great news all is fine. Of course you need to test it now by using it 500 times. When you've completed that please report back.
Somewhere down the line, I will choose some fair minded magicians to test them for a year, and report back.

best
DR
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
7529 Posts

Profile of RNK
Quote:
On Mar 31, 2018, davidredfearn wrote:
Quote:
On Mar 31, 2018, pegasus wrote:
Hopefully the durability video is not too far away.

Sorry for the delay. RNK is 100% spot on. We've all purchased a great effect, opened the packet and found a flimsy gimmick that won't last five minutes.
I've experienced this too!

Red Riser is not that gimmick, FACT! I have created this card for my own use, I can't be using props that break or look shabby.
I've created this card with durability in mind. Of course when I travel with Red Riser, I treat it with respect, just like, Skinners Monte Cards, Extreme Burn, and Double Back.

Please watch the video durability clips 1. https://youtu.be/ljTB-fElL5M
2. https://youtu.be/m3iNzfrKlNM

Happy Easter
DR

Interesting David, I will say throwing against that wall was a pretty viable demonstration.

Thanks,
RNK
Check out Bafflingbob.com
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
6750 Posts

Profile of videoman
Except it's obvious that he is just switching out the card after bashing it up.

No, not true, I'm totally kidding. No switches.
I'm convinced this is a very durable product.
But I would like to see Robert smash his card into a wall. Smile
Tomangerry
View Profile
New user
66 Posts

Profile of Tomangerry
I agree Videoman this is an exceptionally well made road tested 😉 gimmick and will last a very very long time if treated with the respect as David himself says which it deserves like EB etc . It’s certainly the strongest type of gimmick of this genre I have ever seen Tom
davidredfearn
View Profile
Regular user
London
196 Posts

Profile of davidredfearn
Interesting David, I will say throwing against that wall was a pretty viable demonstration.

Thanks,
RNK

Many thanks, best,
DR
davidredfearn
View Profile
Regular user
London
196 Posts

Profile of davidredfearn
Hello, In answer to some PM's. I have 25 left from my first run , choice of Red or Blue Bicycle card with heart or diamond. Free post package UK. I've also had good feed back from American magicians.
Happy Summer
DR
davidredfearn
View Profile
Regular user
London
196 Posts

Profile of davidredfearn
How exciting. To celebrate my birthday this Saturday 29th August Im relaunching over the Bank Holiday weekend my trick RedRiser.

Its already sold Worldwide. If you have a friend who loves magic like me. DM me.

#Remember all those magicians? Who said two years ago it would break! Guess what not one return. To be fair I did tow it with a Mercedes Benz see film in this post !!!

See details Friday
I only have 30
all made with love
15 Blue 15 Red

UK only FREE POSTAGE

Stay Save
x
DR
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Red Riser (16 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL