The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Death’s Cold Kiss from The Black Hart (7 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Bogbadger
View Profile
Special user
England
626 Posts

Profile of Bogbadger
This is another brilliant storytelling effect from Black Artefacts (blackhart.co.uk) utilising a set of Major Arcana Rider-Waite tarot cards and some great props. “A mournful story of a fate worse than Death itself - a tale of a curse and the unforeseen consequences of a pact with Satan, and a traveller who is cursed to walk this earth forever!” Self working, no sleight of hand is required allowing you to concentrate fully on your presentation (and the look of wonderment on the specs face) It's extremely well priced and as always with Black Hart the customer service and communication are top notch.
ManxBull
View Profile
Regular user
Isle of Man
116 Posts

Profile of ManxBull
Isn't it superb? A really eerie effect as all the cards are laid out and Death has simply vanished. It uses a well-known method, but the story, the mournful poem and the strange disappearance make it a killer for an audience. I honestly don't think you could make this for yourself as cheaply as Black Hart sells it, if you had to buy in all the stuff required. I can only think that he makes some money by using the Minor Arcana for some of the other effects he sells, making cost savings in that way, because it's a steal for a really powerful piece of storytelling magic.
Bogbadger
View Profile
Special user
England
626 Posts

Profile of Bogbadger
I couldn’t agree with you more ManxBull, it’s one of those effects that puts a great big smile on your face when you practice it as it’s so simple and effective. It’s not often these days that I can really fool my wife as she usually says “it’s magnets again isn’t it” and she’s quite often right, but this time she didn’t have a scooby,
pieaddict
View Profile
New user
UK
99 Posts

Profile of pieaddict
You can not go wrong with Black Artefacts. Always simple, but with emphasise on the presentation. His books are great too.
"If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you."
Black Hart
View Profile
Elite user
Scottish Highlands
475 Posts

Profile of Black Hart
Thank you all for your kind comments.

Manxbull you are quite right, firstly I am able to purchase items such as the Tarot cards in bulk at wholesale prices and (hopefully) I can use each deck to make more than one effect. I can make a small profit and still sell at a reasonable price.

Pieaddict you are spot on there, that is my mantra - "Always simple, but with the emphasis on the presentation".

Keith Hart
Black Artefacts, manufacturer and dealer of weird, bizarre and psychic magic: www.blackhart.co.uk
Mind_Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
The Sunshine State USA
1252 Posts

Profile of Mind_Magic
I have two questions:
1.- How are the backs of the cards (design and color)?
2.- The History with the Poem can works in other languages?
Thanks!
Black Hart
View Profile
Elite user
Scottish Highlands
475 Posts

Profile of Black Hart
Hello Mind_Magic

1. You can see the rear of the Rider Waite Tarot that I use here: http://www.blackhart.co.uk/cursoblackdeath.html
2. The effect would work in any language you choose to translate it into, I don't suppose that the rhymes in the poem would be the same, but it would still work.

Thank you for your question.

Keith Hart
Black Artefacts, manufacturer and dealer of weird, bizarre and psychic magic: www.blackhart.co.uk
Bogbadger
View Profile
Special user
England
626 Posts

Profile of Bogbadger
Hi Mind_Magic,

Whilst I love Black Hart's wonderful props (and I hope I won't be cursed by Keith for saying this) When you have had a chance to work with Death's Cold Kiss you'll realise that this effect is really versatile and can be adapted to work with other stories and without the props if required depending on your audience. It can also be combined brilliantly with some of Black Hart's other excellent Rider Waite based routines.
Mind_Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
The Sunshine State USA
1252 Posts

Profile of Mind_Magic
Great!
I use the Rider Waite Tarot and I like the idea of the curse.
Sure I will get it soon with others items...
Thanks
Black Hart
View Profile
Elite user
Scottish Highlands
475 Posts

Profile of Black Hart
No curse Bogbadger -simply another great reason to purchase Death's Cold Kiss! Smile

Keith Hart
Bogbadger
View Profile
Special user
England
626 Posts

Profile of Bogbadger
Phew!
roblane
View Profile
Special user
Say 'toast' five times, toast toast.....
845 Posts

Profile of roblane
I just received this and must echo the positive comments. A fabulous story piece with simple but effective plot, props and method. Not just a 'trick'.
Definition of a Freudian slip; Saying one thing and meaning a "mother"!
pieaddict
View Profile
New user
UK
99 Posts

Profile of pieaddict
Received this last week and this is one of my favourite effects. Very simple but with a great story and script.

Great customer service as well. A replacement card was needed and sent straight away upon contact.
"If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you."
Perkins
View Profile
Special user
950 Posts

Profile of Perkins
I could not resist.
The Séance Party
http://www.theseanceparty.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Death’s Cold Kiss from The Black Hart (7 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL