The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Forcing a number between 0 and 5? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

fuzzbass
View Profile
New user
5 Posts

Profile of fuzzbass
Hope you don’t mind me picking your brains, but I’m a bit stuck on a solution to an effect I’m trying to create.
The first part of the effect uses the BFD (Digital Force Bag) App on the iPhone.

The idea is to use DFB with two lists of UK Football teams to generate two “random” teams to play in a fictional match. I can easily force the two teams, either with two separate lists, or a list combining ready arranged matches. Having two separate lists will enable me to have two spectators to “compete” against each other.

What I am having trouble with is coming up with a method to generate the two “forced scores”. The finale of the effect will be to produce a printed photo showing both the two forced teams and the two forced scorelines.

I know I could use the George Sands Prime Number Force to generate a number between 1 and 5, but ideally I would like to incorporate the possibility of a to nill (0) scoreline, i.e 3-0. Unfortunately the George Sands method won’t work for 6 numbers.

What I am asking is:

Do you know of an alternative method I can use to force a number between 0 and 5, twice (once for each spectator)?

George Sands Prime Number Force

Get an Ace through Five, mix them and get the number you want to force on top.

Get them to give you any number lower than 5, transfer that many cards from top to bottom.

Turn over the top card, keep repeating the process with the same number until you only have one card left face down.

It will be the one you arranged on the top.
Mark Williams
View Profile
Special user
Las Vegas, Nevada
513 Posts

Profile of Mark Williams
Did you check the other thread you created here? http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......orum=205

Best Magical Regards,

Mark Williams
"Once is Magic!! Twice is an Education!!"
debjit
View Profile
Loyal user
India
213 Posts

Profile of debjit
People think of 3 90% of the time when you tell them "Think of a number between 1 to 4". Because what they hear is 1 2 4, and since you don't say 3, that's the first thing they say Smile
ValeCavaliero
View Profile
New user
58 Posts

Profile of ValeCavaliero
Check out Quinta by Phill Smith.

Best
dmoriarty1
View Profile
Regular user
102 Posts

Profile of dmoriarty1
Have you considered using two loaded dice, and have the two spectators choose and roll one each? You could rationalize the use of the dice by giving the routine a betting angle. Just a thought.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Forcing a number between 0 and 5? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL