The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » My work on Liepzig’s T&R cig. paper (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Vogler
View Profile
Special user
Greece
710 Posts

Profile of Vogler
I learnt Mike Skinner’s handling, but then I decide to change to the Stars of Magic handling. Any comment is welcome. Smile I worked on this for two months and still trying to improve it.
https://youtu.be/l0FpCyp7bGc

sorry for my really dirty fingernails! but its not dirt, its color because Im a painter. When I'am performing for people I have clean hands Smile
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Hi Juliano, thanks for the video. I don't know how far along you are in magic presentation, but as I watched you in your video, you have an "I don't care" attitude coming across. Magic is all about your personality and how you want to present your effects to spectators. If you don't believe in magic, neither will your audience.

Seoondly, you went to fast, no reason to rush at all. Also you did not start at the beginning. You have to start with the cigarette paper container, and actually remove the single sheet form the booklet. You also have to speak, as words can add to the atmosphere you create to pull he spectators into you magic world.

Technically, you were okay, but not what I would consider perfect.

This was discussed not to long ago, here in this section. I think it might help you to read these posts and watch the video linked performing this effect by a professional legend in magic. On second thought I linked it below for you to watch.

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......&forum=4

Hope this helps you.

Take a look at this as well.

http://www.magicana.com/news/blog/take-t......per-tear
Vogler
View Profile
Special user
Greece
710 Posts

Profile of Vogler
Thank you a lot mr Hegbli for your detailed answer. I have all these in my mind, I want to finish first the technical part, to have perfect technique and then I will add presentation and meaning. I have already wrote a script. But this video here is about technique only. And Im rushing because my video is recorded for magicians only, its very technical....
The first part with the packet is easy compared with the whole routine, and I don't think it is always necessary to start with the packet. Sometimes a spectator hands you the paper. But still I can do the opening part. I have already studied David Ben’s performance.
Thank you very much for your feedback Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » My work on Liepzig’s T&R cig. paper (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.27 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL