The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workshop » » Making an Expanded Shell (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Yarden_Aviv
View Profile
New user
Israel
33 Posts

Profile of Yarden_Aviv
Hi everyone,
Recently I had the interest of making my own Expanded shell but I got stuck on research..
I understand how to make it hollow but what I don’t understand is how to Expand it so it will fit a normal coin.

Any help will be highly appreciated!

Yarden.
The new closer to your Ambitious Card routine: Transcend
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
!st you need a lath, there are small ones on the market. Then you need to invest in tools to attach to the lath chucks. Some of these tools may have to be made by a tool and dye maker.

As the one I seen is an disk, cut in 4ths, as it opens it gets wider. The spinning stretches the edge of the coin, as the coin is also heating up because of the friction.

You will most likely have to take a lath class or two.

Spend some time browsing this website, and it would not hurt to also do google searches on lath operation.

http://www.jamesriser.com/Magic/JamesRiserMagic.html
Yarden_Aviv
View Profile
New user
Israel
33 Posts

Profile of Yarden_Aviv
Quote:
On May 9, 2018, Bill Hegbli wrote:
!st you need a lath, there are small ones on the market. Then you need to invest in tools to attach to the lath chucks. Some of these tools may have to be made by a tool and dye maker.

As the one I seen is an disk, cut in 4ths, as it opens it gets wider. The spinning stretches the edge of the coin, as the coin is also heating up because of the friction.

You will most likely have to take a lath class or two.

Spend some time browsing this website, and it would not hurt to also do google searches on lath operation.

http://www.jamesriser.com/Magic/JamesRiserMagic.html

Wow Bill thank you so much for your help! You’re the best source of knowledge!
The new closer to your Ambitious Card routine: Transcend
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workshop » » Making an Expanded Shell (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL