The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Deadpool 2 (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
SO as to not add to the already very long thread about Marvel I start this.

While I really liked Infinity War I wanted to see if anyone had opinions on this?

I was super excited to see this movie. I was stoked for the first one and thought it would do great. This one seems to be doing pretty well also. Anyone have thoughts about it?
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27300 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
Reviews so far are good. If you liked the first one they say it's a fun film.
...to all the coins I've dropped here
Aaron Smith Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
Portland, OR
1447 Posts

Profile of Aaron Smith Magic
I LOVED it. If there is any comic movie that is true to the original comics, it is this one. There are plenty of surprises, plenty of laughs, plenty of action and the stinger is the best EVER. Go watch it. I've seen it 3 times in the theater thus far. They deserve my money.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
It is a fun movie. Oh and best post credit scenes EVER!
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
Aaron Smith Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
Portland, OR
1447 Posts

Profile of Aaron Smith Magic
I know right? I was dying!
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
I met Rob Liefeld right before the release of his first appearance in The New Mutants #98. He told me to look out for the title. Said everyone would either love or hate te character. He hoped that enough loved it to keep relevant with recurring rolls in popular titles.

I bought 2 and next time I saw him I had him sign it. And NEVER touched it again. It is the only comic I am like that about.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
NYCTwister
View Profile
Loyal user
267 Posts

Profile of NYCTwister
Smart move.

In 9.6 (near mint+) the current raw (not professionally graded) value is $377. If you spend the $100-150 to get it graded, it doubles to $754. That's the guide.
In reality it's routinely selling for over $1000. It's smoking hot, and unlikely to cool off.

Though there is a lot of debate about the print run, with rumors of 1-3 million, the generally accepted number is around 350,000 copies, which is not even close to meeting the demand.

Since I'm sure you don't care about realizing the profit for the foreseeable future , I'd get them graded, and have the signature verified.

While CGC is the accepted, dominant leader in the grading world, CBCS is generally faster, cheaper, and equally respected.

https://www.cbcscomics.com/
If you need fear to enforce your beliefs, then your beliefs are worthless.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
All that work was done in the early 2000s.
(I used to work at a comic shop in Chicago. You are absolutely right.)

Also you're right about not caring about the value. It is sentimental pure and simple. I'll keep it until it is worth WAY less than it is! Yep I'm a moron. Low grade.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
NYCTwister
View Profile
Loyal user
267 Posts

Profile of NYCTwister
Not at all.

It could easily double in a year. It is NUTS how hot the book is.

And you saved money on the grading by doing it early.
Orville Smith
View Profile
New user
87 Posts

Profile of Orville Smith
Curious that Deadpool 2 got much more posts than the Infinity War. I wonder why.
byronblaq1
View Profile
New user
32 Posts

Profile of byronblaq1
I think they did a brilliant job for a sequel. Very impressed that it lived up to the first.

Post credit scenes were well played.

B.
NYCTwister
View Profile
Loyal user
267 Posts

Profile of NYCTwister
Quote:
On May 22, 2018, Orville Smith wrote:
Curious that Deadpool 2 got much more posts than the Infinity War. I wonder why.

While I loved Infinity Wars, I can't finalize how I feel until I see how it ends. They left a lot of things that have to be walked back, and they have to do it well.
The problem with things like the reality and time stones is that they're so powerful that you can easily imagine scenarios where the villain can't lose.

With Deadpool each movie stands alone, so it's easier to talk about it because it's done. Also, he fits in with the rising popularity of morally pliable "heroes".
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Yep. It is the reason I like books like old school Batman, Spider man, and those that don't deal with all encompassing save the universe stuff.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
gypsyfish
View Profile
Veteran user
383 Posts

Profile of gypsyfish
Better than the first and I enjoyed the heck out of it. I was prepared to be disappointed but found it to have a lot of heart as well as being subversively funny. Ditto about the during credits scenes.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
To be complete the opening credits are pretty rockin also.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2889 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
You’ve probably seen this already, but as a promotion, Fox Videos is releasing some vintage movies with Deadpool on the covers;

https://www.slashfilm.com/deadpool-dvd-covers/

The back of each box shows Deadpool reclining, with a sign that reads; “I wish I was in this movie, but I’m not.”
"...and if you're too afraid of goin' astray, you won't go anywhere." - Granny Weatherwax
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Deadpool 2 (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL