The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Mentally Speaking » » Review: SENSATIONAL! A Question and Answer Act (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Stunninger
View Profile
Inner circle
2828 Posts

Profile of Stunninger
Http://www.carlyletouch.com/Sensational_psg.html

The ad copy says:

SENSATIONAL!

(A QUESTION & ANSWER ACT)

BY BOB MASON

(By Bob Mason with thoughts by Karrell Fox re-edited and extra thoughts and ideas by Ray Carlyle published originally in 1981 by Robert Mason Productions)

This is the REAL work on a Q&A Act! True, it is! I've looked all over the Mentalism and Magic writings by those that were great and well known and those at the fringe and nowhere did I find a method that answered all my problems. The problems that stopped me may be those that have stopped you, so read on. First I have a bad memory.

Therefore the "One-A-Head" or Washington Irving Bishop method didn't work because after I read the next question (which was supposed to be the last question) I forgot all the details like numbers I needed. Second I felt uneasy messing with someone's life. If they ask a question about love advice or money or quitting their job or anything that could really be important, I just couldn't take it upon myself to give that advice.

So let's not go there! In this manuscript, you will find all the answers to those and many other bits that may have stopped you from adding this most impressive part of a mentalism act. And have you ever wondered if the mind reader is so good why does he have to open the envelope to make sure that the answer was correct and helpful? I tell the audience that I am NOT a fortune teller, but that I read 'thoughts' as pictures from your mind. Sometimes I'm right, sometimes I'm wrong, but I try!

Well Karrell Fox, my dear friend, came up with the answer. Dr. Scott had a method to cover this but in his, you needed a pad. Here you don't. And the questions, what about them. Remember I don't want to mess with lives. Right, you don't! The biggest name in Mentalism in the 20th Century was Dunninger and this is the way he did it so why not you? How? Just feedback information you have them give you bit by bit. And since the card is right in front of you you have nothing to remember.

In front of you? Yes, you will find out how by reading this act. And get this when you call out a name of a person that wrote a question, before they answer, "HERE" you are looking at them. That's right, looking right at where they are seated.
If that isn't the answer to your problem with Q&A then don't buy it and look elsewhere! I think so much of this manuscript that it will be included in a larger work that I'm putting together which I will call Ala Dunninger.

$25

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

My thoughts:

I really like this e-book! SENSATIONAL! Is an old school Q&A style routine, that eliminates any concerns about predicting the future or messing with people's lives, as it's designed to be an audience reading or message reading effect. With SENSATIONAL! you don't answer questions like a psychic, rather you reveal information audience members have written down, like PIN numbers, the street they grew up on, their drivers license number, their favorite color, pet's name, etc., like Dunninger, Kreskin and Richard Osterlind.

SENSATIONAL! is so well thought out, with many details and subtleties taught and explained. No pre-show. No quick peeks. No finger-flinging billet work, no clip boards or odd looking contraptions, no electronics. This one actually delivers the goods, with a real world, workable methodology that I really like.

The instructions tell you how to create what you will need, which is fairly minimal (table, bowl, cards, etc) along with photo illustrations.

SENSATIONAL is intended to be used on stage, although I can see it working in a parlor environment too. Not suitable for close-up or one-on-one work, but that's not what it's designed for.

There are many manuscripts on old school approaches to Q&A. I've bought quite a few, and most have been disappointing because the ad over-sold, over-promised and under-delivered. SENSATIONAL! was not disappointing in the least. I think it's excellent and very practical.
Ceratini
View Profile
New user
27 Posts

Profile of Ceratini
You can always trust Carlyle
He is the nicest and most honest person in this business
Stunninger
View Profile
Inner circle
2828 Posts

Profile of Stunninger
Quote:
On May 28, 2018, Ceratini wrote:
You can always trust Carlyle
He is the nicest and most honest person in this business

Indeed.
Jerskin
View Profile
Inner circle
2496 Posts

Profile of Jerskin
Thanks for bring it to my attention
GrEg oTtO

MUNDUS VULT DECIPI
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Mentally Speaking » » Review: SENSATIONAL! A Question and Answer Act (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL