The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » Scott Tokar - How to Make 6 Figures in Magic (22 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
AdamStone
View Profile
New user
5 Posts

Profile of AdamStone
Hi Café,

This is my first post on the Café and I just want to say how much I have enjoyed the How to Make 6 Figures in Magic video series. The videos are well made and Scott Tokar has brought together an amazing team of talent and knowledge that any and everyone can benefit from. Using some of the techniques covered in the series I have already been making more money performing and each time I do I have Scott to thank. This is a purchase any performer can benefit from and well worth the money. Thanks to Scott for such a helpful tool for the magic community.
Adam Stone
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21263 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Nothing suspicious about that. I wonder if Scott is going to offer a sale or an extension or something.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
thomasR
View Profile
Inner circle
1189 Posts

Profile of thomasR
Quote:
On Sep 20, 2019, Dannydoyle wrote:
Nothing suspicious about that. I wonder if Scott is going to offer a sale or an extension or something.

One would hope... the course is over a year old now. This reminds me.... I'm sad that David Davinci's online magic summit only went 2 years... while not perfect, I thought he was on to something. The reason I mention it here is because a course like this is frozen in time and instantly becomes dated. The Davinci model would basically update itself each year.
Mindpro
View Profile
Eternal Order
10618 Posts

Profile of Mindpro
Yes, I agree - with both the first post f a new member here to dig up an old thread for the purpose of endorsement, and with thomasR's thoughts on David's Magic Summit. I know the amount of work (literally months) to produce something like that the way he did. I too was hoping it was only a one-year hiatus and that it would return. The behind the scenes and business aspects are so important to the industry and they did wander into this area, even though I thought it could've been done differently and deeper, rather than just everyone's own stories.
KC Cameron
View Profile
Inner circle
Raleigh, North Carolina
1944 Posts

Profile of KC Cameron
Well, I bought the course before I saw this thread. $350 is a lot of money and very little money - depending on how useful it is. I found $350 worth of advice in this course, but it in no way what it markets itself as six figures. It points you in the right directions many times . . . but I wanted more info. In the interviews, many of the magicians were not willing to "spill the beans". It DOES NOT go into detail I wanted but is more than a motivational download. I see the problem as it was trying to do too many things. That being said, a couple of interviews were VERY helpful.

The big thing to me is he was way out of touch with the birthday market and web work. I think he was just offering advice on things he doesn't have a good handle on. The web was the worst. I cringed.

On the other hand, I did find it motivational. It motivated me to hire Mindpro.

Is it worth $350. It was to me. Was it the best $350 I have spent? No.If you are new to magic and serious about making it a business but don't know which way to go, this is a good starting point.
thomasR
View Profile
Inner circle
1189 Posts

Profile of thomasR
Thanks for the review. I feel good about not buying it. I’ve bought similar products and figured this would be about the same, although a few of those names are new and would be interesting to listen to I’m sure.
Mindpro
View Profile
Eternal Order
10618 Posts

Profile of Mindpro
Anyone here earn 6 figures after purchasing and using this?
magicmichael7
View Profile
New user
New York City
4 Posts

Profile of magicmichael7
Hi All.

to respond to Mindpro's post... yes, I have surpassed 100k in bookings this year (2019) thanks, in part, to Scott's advice. I say "in part" because while he gives great advice and actionable suggestions, it is ultimately up to you to do the work... and that's the real secret. Do the work and you will see the rewards. Is it easy- no... is it worth it, 100k %
Mindpro
View Profile
Eternal Order
10618 Posts

Profile of Mindpro
Glad you feel it helped you. So you wouldn't have achieved 6 figures without it?
Keith Raygor
View Profile
Special user
Naples, FL
968 Posts

Profile of Keith Raygor
Quote:
On Dec 27, 2019, Mindpro wrote:
Glad you feel it helped you. So you wouldn't have achieved 6 figures without it?

How does one quantify the amount of money they would have made if they had NOT taken an action?

Instead, note that your only question was already completely answered.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » Scott Tokar - How to Make 6 Figures in Magic (22 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL