The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Right or Wrong? » » Paypal refunds for counterfeit items (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
marc_carrion
View Profile
Special user
638 Posts

Profile of marc_carrion
I was going to buy another product from a member that is listing it in the for sale section. First thing he asked me is to send friends and family. I told him I'm not longer interested. If we all did that we would stop with this non-sense. I'm reporting him to Paypal. He has more items to sell too.
Howie Diddot
View Profile
Inner circle
San Francisco & Los Angeles California
3288 Posts

Profile of Howie Diddot
I do not send funds through “Friends & Family” for purchases for two reasons.

First, I lose all PayPal protection if the deal goes sideways

Secondary, PayPal provides a very important service protecting buyers and selllers from scams and fraud while keeping personal information safe, they deserve to be paid for the service they provide, avoiding the fees due PayPal is stealing.

I am constantly reading posts on the Café about magicians being upset and ranting on the subject of ripping off original illusions, but for some reason it’s OK to rip off PayPal, as long as they can make a few more bucks.
marc_carrion
View Profile
Special user
638 Posts

Profile of marc_carrion
100% agree Howie. I only send friends and family to actual friends or family. I backed off my offer for the product, I don't want to deal with someone with questionable morals. For the price of the product ($25) the paypal fee is just over one dollar. In the previous case (that started this thread) I sent the extra dollar to cover the fees, in this case, I'm just not dealing with someone that asks for that.
stempleton
View Profile
Inner circle
1443 Posts

Profile of stempleton
Quote:
On Jun 6, 2018, marc_carrion wrote:
I was going to buy another product from a member that is listing it in the for sale section. First thing he asked me is to send friends and family. I told him I'm not longer interested. If we all did that we would stop with this non-sense. I'm reporting him to Paypal. He has more items to sell too.

I had a similar incident with a member, where I thought the price was too high on an item. I asked if he would lower it slightly, which he agreed to do, as long as I would send payment as "friends and family." What bothered me was his screen name indicated he might be a pastor, but I could be completely wrong on that. I often see items from him I would like to have, but I always pass.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21263 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Quote:
On Jun 6, 2018, Howie Diddot wrote:
I do not send funds through “Friends & Family” for purchases for two reasons.

First, I lose all PayPal protection if the deal goes sideways

Secondary, PayPal provides a very important service protecting buyers and selllers from scams and fraud while keeping personal information safe, they deserve to be paid for the service they provide, avoiding the fees due PayPal is stealing.

I am constantly reading posts on the Café about magicians being upset and ranting on the subject of ripping off original illusions, but for some reason it’s OK to rip off PayPal, as long as they can make a few more bucks.

Yes this is the essence of it all. PayPal should be compensated for the service.

People often want to demand their protection offered while ripping them off. It is an odd thing.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
kardistic
View Profile
New user
50 Posts

Profile of kardistic
I didn't have an experience with counterfeit items, but I always get my full refund inc. shipping and paypal fees.
Psyfl
View Profile
New user
80 Posts

Profile of Psyfl
You don't actually lose ALL protection when sending money with the "friends and family" option. It is still possible to open a dispute and reclaim your money, which I have done in the past, but of course you're less likely to succeed and I would of course recommend avoiding the situation.
kardistic
View Profile
New user
50 Posts

Profile of kardistic
Quote:
On Dec 26, 2018, Psyfl wrote:
You don't actually lose ALL protection when sending money with the "friends and family" option. It is still possible to open a dispute and reclaim your money, which I have done in the past, but of course you're less likely to succeed and I would of course recommend avoiding the situation.

Yea you are still protected with the "friends and family" option, but it's possible to get your money back in case you didn't make the transaction, but someone else ... so unless you are going to lie about that there's is no chance
Mad Jake
View Profile
Inner circle
All the voices in my head helped me make
2202 Posts

Profile of Mad Jake
Quote:
On Dec 26, 2018, kardistic wrote:
I didn't have an experience with counterfeit items, but I always get my full refund inc. shipping and paypal fees.

Why are you getting a refund of PayPal fees? You don't pay fees as a buyer?
Licensed Steve Dusheck Manufacturer and distributor visit www.airshipmagic.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Right or Wrong? » » Paypal refunds for counterfeit items (2 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL