The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Crazy Hole by Mickael Chatelain (6 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
DavidKenney
View Profile
Inner circle
2178 Posts

Profile of DavidKenney
The color you order is the color of the gaff, but it's a packet trick, so unless you do this trick in connection with your every day deck - (like how I listed above) it really doesn't matter
MurphysNEW
View Profile
Elite user
457 Posts

Profile of MurphysNEW
"Crazy HOLE is the close up version of the classic stage effect girl without a middle. Each phase is a beautiful moment of astonishment! Visual, impossible and SOOO much fun to practice." - Justin Miller
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
7529 Posts

Profile of RNK
I agree with David's review. This is very easy to perform, great angles and fun to do. If you are worried about the cards being examined, Mickael does teach a version in the tutorial in which the cards are examinable in the beginning and at the end of the routine. Overall, I think I like it and will also give it a whirl at my next performance.

RNK
Check out Bafflingbob.com
bsears
View Profile
Inner circle
Cincinnati, Ohio
1040 Posts

Profile of bsears
I purchased this and am currently exploring ways to add it to my show. It suffers from one MAJOR problem. As has been discussed here already, the cards SCREAM to be examined, and they cannot be. The "solution" provided on the explanation video is not a good one because it lacks motivation and will likely only arouse suspicions further. Bottom line: this is merely an interesting puzzle unless you can find a good, clean way to switch out the cards or a logical explanation for not letting anyone touch them.
wormboy
View Profile
New user
NYC
12 Posts

Profile of wormboy
For those that say you can't show the card up close, I don't think that's a true statement. as long as you don't show one of the cards entire face you'll be good to go. you can certainly hide the bottom of the face side with your hand or use the other card to block the obvious. in addition, as long as you are moving the gimmicked card slightly around showing only the back side to the spectator you'll have no problem having a spectator watch 2-3ft away. I say all this from me performing it for strangers.

it's cool, don't get me wrong,, I love mickael's work so I usually buy his tricks. his work can act as great quick visuals ("look at this") which are nice transition to your next trick. in short this is more of a puzzle than a magic trick.
Theres a new day tomorrow and it aint been touched yet.
Craig Petty
View Profile
V.I.P.
UK
2325 Posts

Profile of Craig Petty
Hey guys.

I reviewed this on the latest episode of my review show. It’s ridiculously good.

My son performed it on the show and I can’t about why it’s so good.

Here’s a link to the show. Any questions please let me know

https://youtu.be/PnFGXLg-1ks
EZrhythm
View Profile
Inner circle
Only three EZ payments for a PDF of my
1855 Posts

Profile of EZrhythm
Awesome review, Craig and wonderful performance by Ryland.

People were all tied up about the trick screaming to be examined- It is so easy to just immediately put it back where you keep it and move on to the next effect with abig smile on your face or keep it where a dup examinable set is next to it.

As you are putting the cards away puposefully slowly as they are staring at them ask if your spec can repeat this three times fast- Hole moley the cards vanished slowly.
How many magicians does it take to change a lightbulb? Regardless, for magicians darkness is a time for d'lite.
dave_matkin
View Profile
Inner circle
4522 Posts

Profile of dave_matkin
Quote:
On Jun 27, 2018, RNK wrote:
I ordered this by accident but I am actually somewhat excited to check this out. Will post my thoughts when received.

RNK

I 100% believe you! LOL
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Crazy Hole by Mickael Chatelain (6 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL