The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Compromised/ breached (652 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..12..21..30..39..44~45~46
MazingMandy
View Profile
Special user
Has tolerated the trolls here for
676 Posts

Profile of MazingMandy
Quote:
On Oct 4, 2018, ed wood wrote:
With $50 your friend will be able to buy about 5 used copies of compromised/breached Smile

Cheapest toilet paper ever!
nbl
View Profile
Veteran user
337 Posts

Profile of nbl
Does this work with normalmessaging..like if someone sent a message (not on whatsapp) to his friends Samsung phone?
Tempesta
View Profile
Elite user
USA
404 Posts

Profile of Tempesta
Quote:
On Oct 19, 2018, nbl wrote:
Does this work with normalmessaging..like if someone sent a message (not on whatsapp) to his friends Samsung phone?

Yes, and I actually think its a better method in my opinion.
//Sean Beard
Dr. Eamon
View Profile
Inner circle
------------John Dream------------If you can Dream it, you can Do it!
1317 Posts

Profile of Dr. Eamon
Doesn't 'the victim' get any kind of notification Smile on his or her phone during or (especially) after 'the effect'???

When you stop with your telepathic connection (when you disconnect)?

Thanks already...
John Smile
Presentation is everything!

If you can Dream it, you can Do it!

The eXtreme SVENPAD Supreme eBook
Seth speaks
View Profile
Inner circle
New Mexico
1250 Posts

Profile of Seth speaks
Is anyone planning to do a performance for Jared Kushner, or the Saudi Prince? Given recent news, this might come in VERY handy...

Smile
Oil&Water
View Profile
Elite user
468 Posts

Profile of Oil&Water
My friend last year at Blackpool had to literally get Ryan Tricks around the scruff of his neck in his pyjamas (Ryan was wearing them) and force him to show him that he had 100% come out of his account.
Ryan did for his own safety, Ryan made the right choice thankfully. Olly
MazingMandy
View Profile
Special user
676 Posts

Profile of MazingMandy
Good on your friend, this privacy invasion should not be tolerated
ed wood
View Profile
Special user
742 Posts

Profile of ed wood
Anyone catch Ryans TV program? Contrary to what was otherwise stated it wasn't on BBC but on an obscure channel called 5star. I happened across it whilst channel surfing late one night. He performed this a couple of times. Obviously heavily edited so it didn't show the first five minutes where he is fiddling around with someones phone.
The show itself was unoriginal, relying on heavily edited tricks that if shown in full wouldn't have fooled anyone. The character he portrays comes across as very confused, is he a magician, is he a mind reader? Does anyone care? Judging by the lack of discussion of the show online I assume no one does.
SleepyMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Hopefully I'll pass my exams with
1646 Posts

Profile of SleepyMagic
Quote:
On Mar 22, 2019, ed wood wrote:
Anyone catch Ryans TV program? Contrary to what was otherwise stated it wasn't on BBC but on an obscure channel called 5star. I happened across it whilst channel surfing late one night. He performed this a couple of times. Obviously heavily edited so it didn't show the first five minutes where he is fiddling around with someones phone.
The show itself was unoriginal, relying on heavily edited tricks that if shown in full wouldn't have fooled anyone. The character he portrays comes across as very confused, is he a magician, is he a mind reader? Does anyone care? Judging by the lack of discussion of the show online I assume no one does.

I never like the argument "it's heavily edited" because when it isn't "heavily edited", someone can replay the effect as many times as they wants and figure out the method and then if they wanted to they could post the method in the comments of the videos or online. And then everyone on here will be complaining about that as well.

Fair enough if you didn't like the show, I understand that. But don't go bashing someones character, Ryan has worked extremely hard to get where he is. I don't see you with a TV show? In fact I think you spend your time in the Café 24/7 and never actually performing
Dr. Eamon
View Profile
Inner circle
------------John Dream------------If you can Dream it, you can Do it!
1317 Posts

Profile of Dr. Eamon
I'm afraid I have to agree with SleepyMagic...
Presentation is everything!

If you can Dream it, you can Do it!

The eXtreme SVENPAD Supreme eBook
ed wood
View Profile
Special user
742 Posts

Profile of ed wood
Quote:
On Mar 22, 2019, SleepyMagic wrote:

I never like the argument "it's heavily edited" because when it isn't "heavily edited", someone can replay the effect as many times as they wants and figure out the method and then if they wanted to they could post the method in the comments of the videos or online. And then everyone on here will be complaining about that as well.

Fair enough if you didn't like the show, I understand that. But don't go bashing someones character, Ryan has worked extremely hard to get where he is. I don't see you with a TV show? In fact I think you spend your time in the Café 24/7 and never actually performing

What's up sleepymagic? why so rude? What's getting you down?
You think its me who spends all my time on the café? I've been here 8 years and posted 532 times. You've been here 3 years and posted 1449 times. So, yeah, good argument.

Thanks for the advice about bashing someone's character though but in this case I'll choose to ignore it. I can bash someone's fictional character all I like particularly when they are portraying a confused mix of magic and mentalism that ultimately makes no sense. The show was poor, the character was poor and I imagine the tv channel realised that hence hiding it away on an obscure channel late at night. You can disagree with me all you like, after all this is just an opinion but when you resort to childish insults you show your true colours. Mind you, you did write that "you think you spend all your time in the café". Here's an idea, try "thinking" a little more before writing such ill informed garbage.
You do make a valid point regarding editing. There is though a vast dichotomy between minor editing and clever use of camera angles to prevent any funny business being caught on a slow motion replay as a replacement for misdirection and cutting half the trick as it's so weak people will instantly figure it out. Here's a simple rule that many who work in TV magic stick to. A trick performed on tv should appear identical to the tv audience as it does to the live audience. The story people tell after should be the same. In this case the tv viewer is left with the impression Ryan can tell exactly who someone is contacting on their phone by his "mind reading" abilities with no funny business. To the live audience it looks like someone has hacked their phone and resort to physical violence to ensure he doesn't steal any more info (as per the oil and water example above). Minor editing is necessary due to you tube blabbermouths, editing to the extent used in this show is dishonest. If I wanted to watch special effects I'd be far more entertained watching the latest marvel film.
Finally, disagreeing with my point is perfectly valid. Forums of this nature are open to all opinions and there is no reason we can't discuss the matter in a civilised manner. For reasons only you know you chose to resort to childish insults. Try and be a kinder person and if you are going to insult someone try and pick an insult that doesn't actually apply to yourself more than the person on the receiving end of your silly words.

p.s. just want to check, you have actually seen the show we're discussing right? In which case please give your opinion of it.
SleepyMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Hopefully I'll pass my exams with
1646 Posts

Profile of SleepyMagic
Won't lie to you, I was in a bad mood when I wrote the post. Anyway, my point about "24/7 magic Café user" was that your bashing Ryan for his character and for having a TV show which is actually extremely hard to get whereas I don't see you doing anything better. Just complaining about how you can't be a mind reader and magician. I think it's unbelievable how Ryan has improved as a performer and I'm really happy that he has a TV show.

If you don't like the TV show for personal reasons, that's fine, it's your opinion.

But saying that the effects were terrible and "wouldn't have fooled anyone" is stupid.

https://youtu.be/APSgfhKJzLw

Is the girl in the above video just acting then?? If the effects wouldn't fool anyone??

He also never mentioned the word "mentalist" he used mind reader. Have you never seen a magician do mind reading before? Or rather mental magic? Sorry to say but 9 times out of 10 the audience see mentalism and me take magic as the same thing and it's very hard to change that perception. To you it may be a confused character between a magician and mentalist but to the general public he will be only known as a magician.

Sleepy
MazingMandy
View Profile
Special user
676 Posts

Profile of MazingMandy
The argument of "You don't have a TV show so your opinion on someone else's TV show is invalid" is rubbish. I'm not a mass murderer but I still know that murder is bad ( although reading some Café responses does tempt me upon occasion)
MazingMandy
View Profile
Special user
676 Posts

Profile of MazingMandy
Quote:
On Mar 22, 2019, ed wood wrote:Minor editing is necessary due to you tube blabbermouths, editing to the extent used in this show is dishonest. If I wanted to watch special effects I'd be far more entertained watching the latest marvel film.

I'd be far more entertained watching paint dry
Consultthemind1
View Profile
Regular user
185 Posts

Profile of Consultthemind1
Quote:
On Mar 22, 2019, ed wood wrote:

I wasn’t a massive fan of the show but didn’t hate it also. I’d say it was fair to middling. When talking about the show let’s stick to the facts though - this series was a series that aired after/ outside of the BBC show. Missing essential details (no matter how small) casts a shadow on the rest of the post. This show was visually more interesting than the BBC show but none the less I felt the magic in the show seemingly stayed mediocre it never really climaxed. The Brighton or Bristol episode (I cant quite remember which) had an interesting ending - I thought that was great, it was well thought out and executed well also. In regards to being heavily edited (in terms of camera editing to cut methods out) I doubt that’s the case. A number of years ago I consulted for a very well known mentalist and I can assure you it is easier to use P**show as the method than it is to expect people who have never filmed or edited magic (which is usually the case) to know what to cut out. A quick google search shows that Ryan Tricks wasn’t the executive producer or even assistant exec, therefore he more than likely wouldn’t have had a say in the editing process, if he and his team had anything about them they would safe guard this by ensuring any of the dirty work was taken care of long before the camera was even turned on. I believe Turner consulted on the show (for the mentalism) and there are a few good mentalism effects on the show, equally - (such as this effect) there are a few poor ones also. I can see some glimmers of genius, such as the envelope in the taxi, the beach, and some of the quick fire mentalism effects. I much preferred Turner’s hour long special on BFF, nothing hidden and yet still impossible to figure out for the viewer and his special involved the viewer participating much more. I’ve seen Ryan perform live at Blackpool (the last couple of years) he’s come on such a long way since his early YouTube days. We should commend anyone who is working hard enough to put themselves in position to have a tv show, not pull them down. Constructive criticisms are good for the growth of a performer but out and out shunning and speculation should be avoided if we can help it. From talking to Ryan (at Blackpool) he still works a full time job also, so there will have been a lot of not sleeping and working around the clock. He also told me he practically had to do everything in one take, how many of us could say we’d be comfortable with that? I certainly wouldn’t knowing that I didn’t have control of the edit and some companies will air the chaff alongside the wheat.

David.
Mark_Chandaue
View Profile
Inner circle
Essex UK
4191 Posts

Profile of Mark_Chandaue
I won’t comment on the effect, I have given Ryan my opinion on the effect in person. As far as the show is concerned I enjoyed it. Rather than air late at night it aired at 9pm which is considered a prime time slot. The Chanel is no more obscure than the one that Dynamo originally appeared on. I personally thought Ryan came across pretty well, certainly a lot of my laymen friends enjoyed the show and liked Ryan, I personally am not a fan of editing and I don’t think it is necessary although shows like Dynamo etc have made it extremely difficult to compete without heavy use of editing.

I do find it ironic that Peter Turner’s hour long special on BFF is one of the best TV magic show’s I have seen in a long time and yet uses neither preshow or edits (with one tiny PS exception). The participants in that show experience the same effect that the TV audience see. One thing I think Pete does really well in that special is that he shows a full unedited performance followed by multiple reveals of the same effect and it works beautifully. The irony being that Pete is constantly accused of relying heavily on PS, stooging etc. His special contains his own material and none of the usual TV magic tomfoolery.

Mark
Mark Chandaue A.I.M.C.
Harpacrown and Harpacrown Too are available from
http://www.harpacrown.co.uk
kissdadookie
View Profile
Inner circle
4275 Posts

Profile of kissdadookie
Quote:
On Mar 25, 2019, Mark_Chandaue wrote:
I won’t comment on the effect, I have given Ryan my opinion on the effect in person. As far as the show is concerned I enjoyed it. Rather than air late at night it aired at 9pm which is considered a prime time slot. The Chanel is no more obscure than the one that Dynamo originally appeared on. I personally thought Ryan came across pretty well, certainly a lot of my laymen friends enjoyed the show and liked Ryan, I personally am not a fan of editing and I don’t think it is necessary although shows like Dynamo etc have made it extremely difficult to compete without heavy use of editing.

I do find it ironic that Peter Turner’s hour long special on BFF is one of the best TV magic show’s I have seen in a long time and yet uses neither preshow or edits (with one tiny PS exception). The participants in that show experience the same effect that the TV audience see. One thing I think Pete does really well in that special is that he shows a full unedited performance followed by multiple reveals of the same effect and it works beautifully. The irony being that Pete is constantly accused of relying heavily on PS, stooging etc. His special contains his own material and none of the usual TV magic tomfoolery.

Mark

One "criticism" I have for the hour long TV special style portion of BFF is towards some of the false explanations/framing he uses (there are some, it's for the purpose of tying the portions of the show together thematically, they are not there as part of the methodology of the effect demonstrated and taught). They are excellent except that Derren Brown has at this point already had many many many specials now and at the moment is still untouchable in that aspect of his TV specials. So, I guess I really should blame Derren for being too good that even Turner has to still play catch up to? Smile
Consultthemind1
View Profile
Regular user
185 Posts

Profile of Consultthemind1
Quote:
On Mar 25, 2019, kissdadookie wrote:
Quote:
On Mar 25, 2019, Mark_Chandaue wrote:

Mark

One "criticism" I have for the hour long TV special style portion of BFF is towards some of the false explanations/framing he uses (there are some, it's for the purpose of tying the portions of the show together thematically, they are not there as part of the methodology of the effect demonstrated and taught). They are excellent except that Derren Brown has at this point already had many many many specials now and at the moment is still untouchable in that aspect of his TV specials. So, I guess I really should blame Derren for being too good that even Turner has to still play catch up to? Smile

Kreskin, Maven and Berglas did this long before Derren or Turner. I think at this point anyone has to play catch up to Derren, Derren had over a decade on Tv with huge budgets and network connections/ locations it would be impossible without levelling the playing field to compare them. Also not to mention Turner was restricted to using methods in his books/ repertoire - One could only imagine what the special would have been like if Turner did have free reign to use “television methods” with a budget, a network and team behind him. - Which is something I never thought I’d say but the project really converted me. As a performer he’s definitely put himself up there with the best. That said Derren will always hold a place in my heart as being one of the greatest mentalists of all time. He set the bar so high that the next person that raises bar past that point will certainly go down in history. But it will be no simple feat.

David.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Compromised/ breached (652 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..12..21..30..39..44~45~46
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.07 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL