The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Eristic: The World´s Easiest Mindreading ACAAN (6 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Amirá
View Profile
Inner circle
MentalismCenter.com
5131 Posts

Profile of Amirá

What is ACAAN? A coincidence effect? A prediction? A lucky guess?

Welcome to "Eristic", the World´s Easiest Mindreading ACAAN

A shuffled deck of cards in use (it can be borrowed)
The participant thinks in a number and in a playing card
You read the participant minds and you receive telepathically the 2-digit number and the playing card...and you are able to reveal both information using the deck of cards as dramatic element.

A new fantastic lesson in realistic and casual mindreading using an ordinary deck of cards

No gimmicks
No stacks
No memorization
No psychological unreliable techniques
100% Impromptu
Practical, perfect for walkaround
The participant does the counting
No forces
No DR or IS
Pablo
Performer and Author

Mentalism Center: The best online space to get quality Mentalism
www.mentalismcenter.com

Arkanosophy: The Boutique for Mystery Performers
www.arkanosophy.com
MadisonH
View Profile
Inner circle
1754 Posts

Profile of MadisonH
The title doesn’t disappoint! It’s the easiest ACAAN you could do. It’s simple, but it’s very effective for a lay audience. It isn’t going to fool your magician friends, but luckily, most professionals rarely work for magicians.

I think Pablo has added some nice subtleties in it which aid in the deceptiveness a bit.

Admittedly, this won’t be replacing the ACAAN’s I currently use (most notably, Crusade) but it is nice to have in the back of the head in case someone wants to see the trick.

Don’t let the simplicity fool you. The KISS principle applies itself beautifully here. Simple, but effective. I should mention though, it’s not a TRUE ACAAN. They select a number and st the same time select a card. So they don’t name either choice which is the biggest downfall of this routine. But if you perform it correctly, I don’t think they will remember exactly how the choice was made.

Madison
Amirá
View Profile
Inner circle
MentalismCenter.com
5131 Posts

Profile of Amirá
Quote:
On Jul 17, 2018, MadisonH wrote:
The title doesn’t disappoint! It’s the easiest ACAAN you could do. It’s simple, but it’s very effective for a lay audience. It isn’t going to fool your magician friends, but luckily, most professionals rarely work for magicians.

I think Pablo has added some nice subtleties in it which aid in the deceptiveness a bit.

Admittedly, this won’t be replacing the ACAAN’s I currently use (most notably, Crusade) but it is nice to have in the back of the head in case someone wants to see the trick.

Don’t let the simplicity fool you. The KISS principle applies itself beautifully here. Simple, but effective. I should mention though, it’s not a TRUE ACAAN. They select a number and st the same time select a card. So they don’t name either choice which is the biggest downfall of this routine. But if you perform it correctly, I don’t think they will remember exactly how the choice was made.

Madison

Thanks Maddy!
As always, your feedback is appreciated and on-point.

I love when the handling is so economical that the opportunities of "Shaping Memory" is huge. Indeed, after the present experience of "Eristic", the memory from the participant is:
"I think of a number, I think of a playing card, he read my mind and place my thought of card in the thought of number".

One of the key aspects of ACAAN (and in any routine really) is to be able to shape the events to our own desire, and this is highly achievable with his handling and approach.
Pablo
Performer and Author

www.mentalismcenter.com

www.arkanosophy.com
MagieFraudster
View Profile
New user
95 Posts

Profile of MagieFraudster
No DR or IS? I haven't seen those acronyms before...
scott0819
View Profile
Inner circle
Toronto, Ont.
1040 Posts

Profile of scott0819
Quote:
On Jul 18, 2018, MagieFraudster wrote:

Dual Reality or Instant Stooge
Amirá
View Profile
Inner circle
MentalismCenter.com
5131 Posts

Profile of Amirá
Quote:
On Jul 18, 2018, scott0819 wrote:
Quote:
On Jul 18, 2018, MagieFraudster wrote:

Dual Reality or Instant Stooge

;) thanks
Pablo
Performer and Author

www.mentalismcenter.com

www.arkanosophy.com
Simon C
View Profile
New user
57 Posts

Profile of Simon C
Eristic ACAAN does exactly what it says on the tin.. It’s a wonderful exercise in elegance and how simple methods can yield disproportionately strong results. It’s another example of how Pablo thinks audience-first, leaving complicated ‘magician-pleasing’ method aside for something of great clarity and impact. The tips Pablo gives for the ‘mind reading’ part of the routine are ones I will take with me into other routines, and Eristic is certainly one I’ll keep in my back pocket for those off-guard moments.
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
9530 Posts

Profile of Mb217
Yes, he is a wonderful performer, with inexhaustible creativity and ability. I am so proud for every step of his high levels of progress. Just brilliant stuff!

Can't wait to check out Eristic. Love the comments here and overall appreciation of this wonderful young man and his work. Smile

*And not for nothing, but I can remember, long time back now, him getting to be pretty good with coins, too. Smile
*Check out my latest: Gifts From The Old Country: A Mini-Magic Book, MBs Mini-Lecture on Coin Magic, The MB Tanspo PLUS, MB's Morgan, Copper Silver INC, Double Trouble, FlySki, Crimp Change - REDUX!, and other fine magic at gumroad.com/mb217magic Smile

"Believe in YOU, and you will see the greatest magic that ever was." -Mb Smile
Amirá
View Profile
Inner circle
MentalismCenter.com
5131 Posts

Profile of Amirá
Quote:
On Jul 20, 2018, Simon C wrote:
Eristic ACAAN does exactly what it says on the tin.. It’s a wonderful exercise in elegance and how simple methods can yield disproportionately strong results. It’s another example of how Pablo thinks audience-first, leaving complicated ‘magician-pleasing’ method aside for something of great clarity and impact. The tips Pablo gives for the ‘mind reading’ part of the routine are ones I will take with me into other routines, and Eristic is certainly one I’ll keep in my back pocket for those off-guard moments.

Thanks Simon !
I am glad that you can value this simple approach to create this mindreading piece

Quote:
On Jul 20, 2018, Mb217 wrote:
Yes, he is a wonderful performer, with inexhaustible creativity and ability. I am so proud for every step of his high levels of progress. Just brilliant stuff!

Can't wait to check out Eristic. Love the comments here and overall appreciation of this wonderful young man and his work. Smile

*And not for nothing, but I can remember, long time back now, him getting to be pretty good with coins, too. Smile

Thanks for your words Mb217!, hope that you can enjoy Eristic Smile
Pablo
Performer and Author

www.mentalismcenter.com

www.arkanosophy.com
cardbiker
View Profile
Inner circle
1484 Posts

Profile of cardbiker
Ok bought it !! Where do I view it ??
Thanks
Amirá
View Profile
Inner circle
MentalismCenter.com
5131 Posts

Profile of Amirá
Quote:
On Jul 21, 2018, cardbiker wrote:
Ok bought it !! Where do I view it ??
Thanks

I sent recent orders already, did you receive yours?
Pablo
Performer and Author

www.mentalismcenter.com

www.arkanosophy.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Eristic: The World´s Easiest Mindreading ACAAN (6 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL