The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Topit colour (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Stevious
View Profile
New user
Poland
80 Posts

Profile of Stevious
Hello
I recently bought a blue jacket (inside there is a different colour) and trousers, and I wonder if I were to install a topit inside, should it also be blue?
jimgerrish
View Profile
Inner circle
East Orange, NJ
3209 Posts

Profile of jimgerrish
It should be the color of the lining.
danaruns
View Profile
Special user
The City of Angels
808 Posts

Profile of danaruns
Should we be talking about such things in open fora?
"Dana Douglas is the greatest magician alive. Plus, I'm drunk." -- Foster Brooks
jimgerrish
View Profile
Inner circle
East Orange, NJ
3209 Posts

Profile of jimgerrish
What's a topit? Is that a new kind of dessert?
Stevious
View Profile
New user
Poland
80 Posts

Profile of Stevious
Thank you Jim, sometimes the lining has an odd colour, but I know what to look for now. Still, might be tough to put it all together.
jimgerrish
View Profile
Inner circle
East Orange, NJ
3209 Posts

Profile of jimgerrish
If you're not into sewing, try using fusing tape from a sewing store and you can just iron the fabric together.
Stevious
View Profile
New user
Poland
80 Posts

Profile of Stevious
Personally I prefer sewing, because if my topit is poorly made, then I can unsew it.

I have one more question, what is the appropriate horizontal length of the lower part of the topit?

It bothers me because I have two clips already at this side of the jacket (for cards and a silk), so if I keep them here, my topit at the bottom line could have 17 cm (6.6"). Still I could stretch it at the upper line to 20cm (7.8") above the clips.

I will use Michael Ammar's pattern or something similar, possibly longer in the upper line.

Many magicians attach clips to the trousers but I was taught to use my jacket, because I can lift it without flashing the clips. Is 17cm enough? I don't want to mess my jacket.
jimgerrish
View Profile
Inner circle
East Orange, NJ
3209 Posts

Profile of jimgerrish
On the other hand, use the fusing tape to test the dimensions. If they are correct, you can just sew right over and through the fusing tape. If not, no harm done if you need to shorten the measurements. Just sew inside the fusing tape and then remove the fusing tape and the excess fabric.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Topit colour (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL