The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » JB Bobo video on YouTube (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Signet
View Profile
Loyal user
257 Posts

Profile of Signet
I came across this video of the man himself doing a vanish of four half dollars. He's wearing a plaid suit jacket that's definitely a relic from long ago. I know everything he does is in the book. I was wondering if this is one of the named tricks, or just four vanishes put together. I can't seem to find the exact routine as I'm paying through the book. I wish I knew how to post the link here, but I don't. Had anyone seen this?
fonda57
View Profile
Inner circle
chicago
3080 Posts

Profile of fonda57
Could be magic Smile
Ray Haining
View Profile
Inner circle
Hot Springs, AR
1907 Posts

Profile of Ray Haining
It would be nice if you could give us a link to the clip you're talking about.
NicholasD
View Profile
Inner circle
1458 Posts

Profile of NicholasD
Just go on Youtube and type in J.B. Bobo and up it comes.
Ray Haining
View Profile
Inner circle
Hot Springs, AR
1907 Posts

Profile of Ray Haining
That's from the Steven's Coin Classics, Vol. 1, DVD.
Ray Haining
View Profile
Inner circle
Hot Springs, AR
1907 Posts

Profile of Ray Haining
Al Schneider
View Profile
V.I.P.
A corn field in WI surrounded by
1080 Posts

Profile of Al Schneider
I met J. B. Bobo.

I was at a magic convention someplace that was featuring Mr. Bobo in the close up shows. While walking around several people told me I should get together with Mr. Bobo for a session. Eventually, someone pulled me over to meet him. I am 6 foot tall and he towered over me. As I stood before him he tilted his head back, looked down his long nose at me, and stuck his hand out to me offering a handshake. I shook his hand. He then turned his back on me and walked away. I stood, mouth open, watching his back as he moved away.

I guess he heard about my magnetic personality (repulsive).

Later I sat in one of the close up audiences and saw his show. He stood behind the table and picked up a deck of cards. He pushed off a card from the top of the deck into his right hand. Then he mangled the card. Really. His right hand squeezed the card bending the card at an angle. He held his head in the same position as when I met him. His head was tilted back while looking down along his nose. I decided that was his standard body language. Anyway, he pushed off another card and two more. Each time, he mangled the card and placed it on the table as with the first. Then he dramatically slid the cards aside to reveal a half dollar under each card. I realized he was performing a routine right out of the Bobo book. A routine I had put blood and sweat into for months unable to achieve a good performance. Now, I saw the master do it.
Magic Al. Say it fast and it is magical.
Poof-Daddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Considering Stopping At Exactly
5313 Posts

Profile of Poof-Daddy
Cancer Sux - It is time to find a Cure

Don't spend so much time trying not to die that you forget how to live - H's wife to H on CSI Miami (paraphrased).

Smile Smile
Signet
View Profile
Loyal user
257 Posts

Profile of Signet
That's a funny story about meeting Bobo. This video is just what coin magic should be. You meet someone do a few tricks and then leave them scratching their head. I think it plays just as good today as it did all those years ago. Makes me want to start flipping through the book to see what I've skipped over.
countrymaven
View Profile
Inner circle
1428 Posts

Profile of countrymaven
What a treat to see this video and to hear Al's story. wow.
Conus
View Profile
Special user
657 Posts

Profile of Conus
Bobo rocks.

Great concepts and routining suitable for just about any prop.
Matthew Crabtree
View Profile
Special user
611 Posts

Profile of Matthew Crabtree
Quote:
On Jul 31, 2018, Signet wrote:
He's wearing a plaid suit jacket that's definitely a relic from long ago.

Mac King would like a word...
National First Vice President
The Society of American Magicians
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » JB Bobo video on YouTube (2 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL