The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » My One Coin Routine (18 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Rizzo
View Profile
Inner circle
East Coast
3349 Posts

Profile of Rizzo
Yea, I prefer Tim’s routine too MB, always liked that one
Ray Haining
View Profile
Inner circle
Hot Springs, AR
1907 Posts

Profile of Ray Haining
Quote:
On Aug 12, 2018, Rizzo wrote:
Yea, I prefer Tim’s routine too MB, always liked that one

I agree that that is an excellent one-coin routine by Tim Feher, whose coin magic is excellent and who seems not to have posted here for a while.
J-Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
Ridley Park, PA
5338 Posts

Profile of J-Mac
One Coin 2.0. Fantastic one coin flurry! Like most (or all) of Tim's routines. He does stop in every now and then; not often enough though. I do miss him...

Jim
Rizzo
View Profile
Inner circle
East Coast
3349 Posts

Profile of Rizzo
Yes his family and professional life took the front seat as it should ahead of his passion for magic. Great guy and skillful with both coins and cards.
magienimagie
View Profile
New user
24 Posts

Profile of magienimagie
I feel motivated to post my little three coin routine here called ghost coins: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KQlSqeVHIc0

BR
Patrick
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13425 Posts

Profile of TheAmbitiousCard
Patrick, you definitely have some skills but the routine has far too many unnatural hand gestures and over-proving to fool anyone.

You might be keeping people from seeing coins go from hand to hand (or the opposite depending on the sleight) but your exaggerated gestures let us know that "something is up" and we can probably guess what that something is... "the opposite of what we are seeing".

I suggest you look into anything you can get your hands on by John Carney and study how to be natural, what to do, what to avoid, etc., and the whole thinking behind that concept.

Too many coin magicians like to "look skillful" as opposed to natural, so they seek out teaching material that catches the eye.
This is the opposite of what they should be seeking out.

When you watch John do coin magic, nothing happens except things disappear or reappear.
Unfortunately that doesn't sell as many DVDs as the fancy/skillful-looking stuff but it is far more deceptive.

You may not know or perhaps you don't care, but but your video hides your face and your sunglasses hide your eyes, so there's no way to determine if you are even using your face/eyes properly during your routine. That is one of the primary things I would want to analyze if I were posting a coin trick.

I'd be happy to see a re-do after you've gained more understanding of the above.
www.theambitiouscard.com Hand Crafted Magic
Trophy Husband, Father of the Year Candidate,
Chippendale's Dancer applicant, Unofficial World Record Holder.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » My One Coin Routine (18 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL