The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » My New Book on Theodore DeLand Can Now Be Ordered » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (8 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Richard Kaufman
View Profile
Inner circle
2532 Posts

Profile of Richard Kaufman
INSTANT REPLAY! Cyber FRIDAY Special
TWO DECKS FREE!

“At the end of [Kaufman's] career, this book will likely be considered, historically, the most important tome in his already impressive oeuvre.”
John Lovick, Genii, December 2018

It was so popular Monday so we're doing it again!

Order the new book DeLand: Mystery and Madness before midnight tomorrow night (EST) November 30 and you’ll receive The Wonder Deck and The Automatic Trick Cards, a $45 value, for FREE.

Theodore DeLand was the hi-tech genius of 100 years ago, creating new types of gimmicked cards and decks that eliminated the need for sleight of hand. His hi-tech approach to card magic changed everything that followed.

The Wonder Deck was the first printed edge-marked deck in the world—normally it costs $20.

The Automatic Trick Cards was the first deck marked to secretly tell you the position of any card in the deck with no memory work required—normally it costs $20.

Both decks are edge marked, marked on the back, one way, and stripped. Postage would add an additional $5.

SAVE $45! Both decks will be included FREE when you buy the 10-pound 608-page full-color “masterpiece” by Richard Kaufman, DeLand: Mystery and Madness for $150 (plus postage).

Visit www.richardkaufman.com and simply place your order. Any order dated November 29 or 30 will automatically have both decks included at no extra charge.

The book is expected to ship in mid-December, in time for receipt for the holidays in the USA.

Order today and save BIG at www.richardkaufman.com
or call the Genii office at 301-652-5800.
Richard Kaufman
View Profile
Inner circle
2532 Posts

My book on Theodore DeLand is out, people who order have all pretty much received their copies.
When are you going to buy yours? www.richardkaufman.com
TimothyMa
View Profile
New user
HongKong
41 Posts

Profile of TimothyMa
It’s available on penguin now.
RICH 644
View Profile
New user
11 Posts

Profile of RICH 644
Yes, This book is available on Penguin now with free shipping. I guess I ordered mine too soon.
RICH 644
View Profile
New user
11 Posts

Profile of RICH 644
I just got my DeLand book last week, and I'm still reading and enjoying every evening. The details in this book are amazing, not only details about the life and works of Theodore DeLand, but details about all of his wonderful creations. I have been collecting DeLand card tricks for about 8 - years and have all the 1945-46 Conjours' Magazine articles about Theodore DeLand's creations written by Walter Gibson, but compared to this book they are trivial. The Walter Gibson articles are covered in the book along with comments by Richard Kaufman. I would recommend this book to anyone who is into card tricks of all kinds, and I'm sure I will have more comments as I continue to read this great book.
Richard Kaufman
View Profile
Inner circle
2532 Posts

Thank you.
J M Talbot
View Profile
Inner circle
3058 Posts

Profile of J M Talbot
Totally agree RICH! Amazing piece of work on a fascinating man and his wonderful creations. Be sure to pick up the Wonder and Automatic Decks from Richard as well. They are also beautifully produced and a must have addition if you own the book.

John
magicmind
View Profile
Inner circle
My fence has 20,
3226 Posts

Profile of magicmind
Quote:
On Oct 22, 2018, Richard Kaufman wrote:
Mr. Theodore DeLand's Emporium of magical trick decks is now open. Buy his book "Mystery and Madness" (at www.richardkaufman.com) and then you may partake of the following:

We are offering a special Deck Set. This includes all four decks plus uncut sheets from all four, signed, numbered, and ltd to 100. There are only 30 of these remaining. The cost is $145, plus postage ($25 in the US; $45 to Canada; $70 to Europe; $90 everywhere else).......
Mr. DeLand thanks you!

I have my book as of Christmas, when do the deck set and sheets ship?
Richard Kaufman
View Profile
Inner circle
2532 Posts

I am still waiting for the facsimile Dollar Deck from Belgium. It should be ready sometime this month. (I sent it to them in September!)

All the deck sets will be shipped out as soon as I have the Dollar Deck.

People who ordered the deluxe edition of the book will receive a Dollar Deck sent directly from Cartamundi.
Richard Kaufman
View Profile
Inner circle
2532 Posts

Have just received a ship date of March 11 for the Dollar Deck from Belgium.
ActionJack
View Profile
Regular user
Pacific NW
120 Posts

Profile of ActionJack
I have had this book since it first shipped however I have only this week gotten around to reading it. This book is amazing! Thank you Mr. Kaufman for all of the work that went into this book. I have only read the first few chapters but I am really enjoying this book. The artwork is amazing. A lot of work went into this remarkable book.
Drtriage
View Profile
Elite user
My garden fence has
463 Posts

Profile of Drtriage
Any comments on the 'usability' of the tricks explained?

I appreciate this this is:
1) a very extensively researched volume giving a great deal of new historical information
2) a beautifully produced volume to delight book lovers

And these are 2 features I appreciate. However with limited budget (or rather just spending too much over time on magic), I was wondering to what extent the tricks explained were directly usable today (as opposed to being the background for later developments that may have superseded them). I remember reading one in-depth review of the book that was overall very positive (particularly from the historical perspective and quality of production) but indicated that the tricks may simply provide inspiration for the reader to develop (and that also puzzles an d similar that Deland developed were not of much interest).

I hope you can appreciate that my aim is not to downplay the book, as it obviously is an excellent work, but whether it fits my needs at this time. (and I still do like a beautiful volume with good research!!)
Richard Kaufman
View Profile
Inner circle
2532 Posts

You can use many of the tricks today with no problem. You'll get at least a dozen using the deck of gimmicked cards that comes with the book.
Drtriage
View Profile
Elite user
My garden fence has
463 Posts

Profile of Drtriage
Quote:
On May 12, 2019, Richard Kaufman wrote:
You can use many of the tricks today with no problem. You'll get at least a dozen using the deck of gimmicked cards that comes with the book.

Thanks - will buy!
Drtriage
View Profile
Elite user
My garden fence has
463 Posts

Profile of Drtriage
Ordered! Very much looking forward to this, sounds like a wonderful piece of work.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » My New Book on Theodore DeLand Can Now Be Ordered » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (8 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL